nine

Ryan Tannehill - Divisional round vs Ratbirds

1 hour ago, earlers said:

Tannehill can really shake people off when he runs. 

Reminds me of how John elway would run and power through on plays like Tanny 

As good as our line has blocked for the run there are a few times when the protection completely breaks down in the passing game, not only in this game but others. Those free runs at the QB can become turnovers. I don't know what the responsibilities are so I won't even attempt to say who missed an assignment but I hope this gets addressed.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Reminds me of how John elway would run and power through on plays like Tanny 

Somebody is going to put a big hit on him.  

7 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

As good as our line has blocked for the run there are a few times when the protection completely breaks down in the passing game, not only in this game but others. Those free runs at the QB can become turnovers. I don't know what the responsibilities are so I won't even attempt to say who missed an assignment but I hope this gets addressed.

It's a great run blocking OL but average at best for pass blocking. 

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

It's a great run blocking OL but average at best for pass blocking. 

It's good at both.  Teams just know when we are going to pass and bring the heat

3 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

It's good at both.  Teams just know when we are going to pass and bring the heat

Not sure I agree with you completely there. PFF might grade four or five linemen as "winning" their blocks on those plays but one guy completely unblocked means the blocking was ineffective. Some of those plays appear like a RB just released and didn't block who was coming but that wasn't the case always.

2 hours ago, JT2000 said:

It was the TE split wide in the slot. He goes to chip and took the wrong defender. His assignment right there is to hit the inside blitzed (Earl).