Winning Over Nashville - Ringer Article

CreepingDeath

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/1/17/21070450/tennessee-titans-improbable-playoff-run-nashville-fandom-chiefs-ravens-patriots

Jordan Ritter Con does a nice piece on what most of us already know (and live).  But, like everything since we've demanded the attention of the national media these past weeks, it is nice to read it.  

The article explores the perspectives of the players, and three fans.  I think many here can relate, or know people similar to, the fan in the last portion of the article.

Soak it in, gentlemen.  The ride ain't over yet.

59 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Not gonna lie, I'd probably cry myself if we win it all.

Same. I was at the super bowl 20 years ago with my dad. I’m also moving to Miami Sunday. I’d love to get tickets if we make it, but likely out of reach ?  

Mediocrity in the franchise, sure. But also mediocrity in the fan base.

If the only time you're going to show up for the team is when they're playing elite ball then you're not worth a damn. The Titans, inconsistent as they've been, haven't had a losing season in what is now 4 straight seasons. Only now, at the doorsteps of the Super Bowl do people start acting like they give a shit.

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

It's truly bothersome to hear players complain about the turn out when they're playing badly. 

They never want to talk about why the fans weren't there....

Given how they were playing, I'm surprised they would have even noticed fans were there if full be cause they rarely gave them anything to cheer about with Mariota under C. 

But criticize the fans who don't want to pay 70+ dollars to watch a team struggle to score 2 TDs in a game. 

If they didn't want to pay $70, why did they?

Also, the team went 7-3 the final 10 games of the year and averaged 30 points a game.

Jusy sayin.

19 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

If the only time you're going to show up for the team is when they're playing elite ball then you're not worth a damn. The Titans, inconsistent as they've been, haven't had a losing season in what is now 4 straight seasons. Only now, at the doorsteps of the Super Bowl do people start acting like they give a shit.

Plenty of us give a shit, but lots of of us don't give $200 - $500 worth of shit to go sit in the heat or cold with a bunch of drunks when we have a better view at home.

31 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

michael buble no GIF by bubly

You are overlooking a lot of suffering the fans have felt.  Warmack #10.  Jake #8  There's a lot more that happened to lose the fanbase.  Nashville isn't NYC where you can be the Knicks.  Those years, preceded by the Fisher-VY-Bud drama, attrition.

45 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

It's truly bothersome to hear players complain about the turn out when they're playing badly. 

They never want to talk about why the fans weren't there....

Given how they were playing, I'm surprised they would have even noticed fans were there if full be cause they rarely gave them anything to cheer about with Mariota under C. 

But criticize the fans who don't want to pay 70+ dollars to watch a team struggle to score 2 TDs in a game. 

The Titans have had better consistent efforts than most nfl franchises yet the fanbase is considerably worse. Seems like the fanbase needs an onvious contender to be interested at all or theyll wait until they see a sign by midseason

5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

michael buble no GIF by bubly

You are overlooking a lot of suffering the fans have felt.  Warmack #10.  Jake #8  There's a lot more that happened to lose the fanbase.  Nashville isn't NYC where you can be the Knicks.  Those years, preceded by the Fisher-VY-Bud drama, attrition.

So ... ive seen 100-times worse. Every franchise has this track record

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

So ... ive seen 100-times worse. Every franchise has this track record

Are you saying the Titans are the only franchise where opponents fans buy a bunch of tickets?  I know a guy who paid 2K for Kentucky tickets in Indy.  The fans who have sat through some really lack luster games, see a chance to get some idiot to pay three times face to a game.  They sell the Ticket.  BUT they have already bought season tickets to support the team.  There's some economics involved.

I also think they need to sell upper EZ seats for maybe $35 or something to fill them up.  

Get some $1.50 Hot Dogs  Make it Nashville friendly, you know the people who have lived here and don't live in the Gulch or SoBro or Germtown any more.

Get them in the EZ uppers, they will come to every game.  

https://mercedesbenzstadium.com/food-beverage/

I see a lot of people that are wearing Titans gear and cheering them on I haven’t seen do that in a long time. I kinda roll my eyes but I’m not hating on them. Those of us who have been with them nonstop from the beginning know who we are. I welcome all the new fans and welcome back those who were MIA for so long. Go Titans!

Archived