Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tgo

Run the Damn Ball

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I was actually just thinking of posting this too, but let's be real... If Henry can't be stopped there's absolutely no reason to get cute


Henry is on a crazy streak. I believe he’ll have a huge game. But we need an equally huge game from Tanney. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoodToGo said:

 more passing plays schemed up 

 

Lol what does this even mean??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoodToGo said:

Probably a retarded take, but I think maybe this could be a smokescreen from Vrabel. We will obviously run the ball, but I think we have many more passing plays schemed up than the previous two games. 

 

I think they'll continue heavy Henry, but I wouldn't be surprised to see more passing this game....just because they've relied on the run game heavily the last two games.  

 

I'd love to see Brown, Jonnu, and Davis (well all of them, really) have a big game.  That said, if KC shows they can't stop Henry, not much reason to deviate from that plan.  I see the Titan's testing what's working and mixing it up early, then moving towards how the game is playing out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, reo said:

 

Lol what does this even mean??

 

It didn't seem a confusing comment.  I'm more confused by yours.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt they go into any game expecting a 2:1 run/pass ratio.    They have a plan for how to attack each opponent, then adjust the playcalling based on how the game develops.

 

Consider the Titans' play selection in the first half of the past two games:

 

vs Patriots

10 Tannehill passes

14 Henry runs

 

vs. Ravens

12 Tannehill passes

12 Henry runs

 

Their initial gameplans and playcalling were far more balanced than the final stats indicate;   it only became lopsided after the Titans decided to control the tempo and shorten the game.

 

I have no doubt they have a similarly balanced gameplan for this week.   Here's to hoping for another situation where the crowd is taken out of it early and the Titans bleed the clock in the second half.... Titans faithful lustily chanting "HENNN-RY!   HENNN-RY!" as Chiefs nation quietly heads for the exits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GoodToGo said:

Probably a retarded take, but I think maybe this could be a smokescreen from Vrabel. 

 

It's not really a secret at this point, Titans will run Henry and take deep shots when KC stacks the box, if the Titans get a lead they'll pound the run game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rogue said:

 

It didn't seem a confusing comment.  I'm more confused by yours.  

 

I was drinking and just being a dick about phrasing lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DH is a truck, no doubt.  However, to me, the success with the run game over the last part of the season and playoffs is all about the OL and it's real simple.  Somewhere along the way the OL completely came together and figured out how to run block as a team.  When DH isn't successful running the ball, he's not getting through the DL and he can't pick up a head of steam.  The OL is now blowing the DL off the ball creating run lanes allowing Henry to get up to speed and that becomes really bad news for the secondary(see earl thomas).  

 

Any other NFL back would be picking up yards with the way the OL is making lanes, however, we just happened to have a giant sledgehammer with speed back there.  Hence, broken NFL records.  There's NEVER been a run game like the Titans have at this very time in all of NFL history, so this is all unprecedented.  These defenses have never seen anything like this and it's stunning them.

 

If the defense plays any kind of decent football, which they obviously have been, I don't know how you stop this team.  Mahomes will have to play the perfect game of his life and maybe he does, or maybe we have some turnovers, or some special teams gaffes, but geez, AR has to be pulling what's left of his hair out right now and losing a few L B's too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nine said:

I doubt they go into any game expecting a 2:1 run/pass ratio.    They have a plan for how to attack each opponent, then adjust the playcalling based on how the game develops.

 

Consider the Titans' play selection in the first half of the past two games:

 

vs Patriots

10 Tannehill passes

14 Henry runs

 

vs. Ravens

12 Tannehill passes

12 Henry runs

 

Their initial gameplans and playcalling were far more balanced than the final stats indicate;   it only became lopsided after the Titans decided to control the tempo and shorten the game.

 

I have no doubt they have a similarly balanced gameplan for this week.   Here's to hoping for another situation where the crowd is taken out of it early and the Titans bleed the clock in the second half.... Titans faithful lustily chanting "HENNN-RY!   HENNN-RY!" as Chiefs nation quietly heads for the exits.

 

Completely agreed. The game plan is be balanced in the first half and then break their will in the 2nd .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smokeater said:

DH is a truck, no doubt.  However, to me, the success with the run game over the last part of the season and playoffs is all about the OL and it's real simple.  Somewhere along the way the OL completely came together and figured out how to run block as a team.  When DH isn't successful running the ball, he's not getting through the DL and he can't pick up a head of steam.  The OL is now blowing the DL off the ball creating run lanes allowing Henry to get up to speed and that becomes really bad news for the secondary(see earl thomas).  

 

Any other NFL back would be picking up yards with the way the OL is making lanes, however, we just happened to have a giant sledgehammer with speed back there.  Hence, broken NFL records.  There's NEVER been a run game like the Titans have at this very time in all of NFL history, so this is all unprecedented.  These defenses have never seen anything like this and it's stunning them.

 

If the defense plays any kind of decent football, which they obviously have been, I don't know how you stop this team.  Mahomes will have to play the perfect game of his life and maybe he does, or maybe we have some turnovers, or some special teams gaffes, but geez, AR has to be pulling what's left of his hair out right now and losing a few L B's too.

 

The QB.  It's all about the QB.

 

Tannehill gets the lead, Henry wins tha game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Newest Topics

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...