Kenny Vaccaro article...

Supdawg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Makes me fucking hype! Love this dude and he's peaking at the perfect time. Been a beast in the playoffs.    https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2871808-titans-dbs-stopped-lamar-and-b

Mahomes consistently throws balls into coverage where he shouldn't.  His arm talent allows him to get away with some bad decisions, a lot like Favre to be honest.  The players are absolutely correct t

I bet they rush 4 but mix up who the 4 a lot. They won't blitz they;ll just try and keep them guessing what 4 are actually coming 

36 minutes ago, reo said:

That sounds like they're going after Mahomes. That's interesting.

If they do it’ll be the classic dean pees brain fart. He had to have learned by now you don’t blitz QBs like Brady, Rodgers Brees or Mahomes, they’ll eat him alive. This was one of the reasons he was let go in Baltimore. If he goes after Mahomes it’ll be a huge mistake 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

If they do it’ll be the classic dean pees brain fart. He had to have learned by now you don’t blitz QBs like Brady, Rodgers Brees or Mahomes, they’ll eat him alive. This was one of the reasons he was let go in Baltimore. If he goes after Mahomes it’ll be a huge mistake 

Judging by what I've seen from Ravens fans, they didn't like him bc he wouldn't blitz and would let leads slip in the 4th by sitting back too much.

I'd be curious to see the numbers on what he does broken down.

Personally i can see the reasoning for both rationale. On one hand, he'll get big plays on you if you blitz. On the other, you'll force mistakes too. So if you think he'll be able to march down the field and score on almost every possession if you fall back into zone.. then blitz and force those mistakes. Make him go 7/9 on scoring drives instead of 6/6. Bank on your offense scoring as well to keep you in the game until you can force that mistake.

But i can see the rationale of not blitzing him too.

Edited by reo

I rather make Mahomes drive the field shorten the game and tighten up in the red zone. The Texans almost achieve d this I believe they had the chiefs in 3rd and goal 3

times and ultimately couldn’t stop them. Had they done this they probably won that game. Best bet make him drive the field, I rather lose knowing we forced them to earn every yard rather than get beat by 50-60 yard pass plays. We’ll see, but I do not like the smug or cockiness which our guys are giving off. Look, Mahomes put up 450

hards on is easily and if not for a few breaks we lose to the chiefs. For him to say Mahomes will fuck up that’s not going to end well. Counting on Mahomes to throw ducks like Jackson did won’t happen. I’m feeling even more terrible about our defense 

I didn't come away from the article saying they were going to blitz a ton.  My takeaway was that they feel they can match up with their skill guys and will have a few chances to get takeaways.  BTW they are right - in game 1 they dropped two interceptions early.

Defensive line needs to step up the pressure, Landry needs to wake up and have a big game. This game will come down to once again whose lines hold up better. If we can force presssurr with our front line and not allow Mahomes to step up or move around the pocket we have a chance. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I rather make Mahomes drive the field shorten the game and tighten up in the red zone. The Texans almost achieve d this I believe they had the chiefs in 3rd and goal 3

times and ultimately couldn’t stop them. Had they done this they probably won that game. Best bet make him drive the field, I rather lose knowing we forced them to earn every yard rather than get beat by 50-60 yard pass plays. We’ll see, but I do not like the smug or cockiness which our guys are giving off. Look, Mahomes put up 450

hards on is easily and if not for a few breaks we lose to the chiefs. For him to say Mahomes will fuck up that’s not going to end well. Counting on Mahomes to throw ducks like Jackson did won’t happen. I’m feeling even more terrible about our defense 

They'll probably fall back and make him drive the field. It would be interesting if they decided to completely switch it up and go after him early then fall back.

2 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I didn't come away from the article saying they were going to blitz a ton.  My takeaway was that they feel they can match up with their skill guys and will have a few chances to get takeaways.  BTW they are right - in game 1 they dropped two interceptions early.

Yeah. I can see that interpretation as well. Saying they're going to match up w/ their skill guys though which could also mean blitzing.

Going to be an interesting game.

2 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

if they’re thinking this, it’ll be a long day in the secondary because this is loser mentality thinking oh he almost threw us 2

picks it’ll happen again highly doubt it which scares me that this team is getting a little to confident 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

if they’re thinking this, it’ll be a long day in the secondary because this is loser mentality thinking oh he almost threw us 2

picks it’ll happen again highly doubt it which scares me that this team is getting a little to confident 

Mahomes consistently throws balls into coverage where he shouldn't.  His arm talent allows him to get away with some bad decisions, a lot like Favre to be honest.  The players are absolutely correct that there will be opportunities to make plays.  Whether they do or don't is another story.