Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Ryan Tannehill: From Dolphins Discard, To Titans Treasure

Recommended Posts

Quote

On his final MIA drive, Ryan Tannehill paused in the huddle & told teammates “it’s been an honor to be your QB.”

I didn't follow the Dolphins, was it this apparent he was done in Miami last year?  

 

On a side note, isn't it great to have SO much to read/watch/listen to on the Titans?  A bit of my Titans-pessimism is coming out and I may go through withdrawals if things don't work out this weekend.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

I didn't follow the Dolphins, was it this apparent he was done in Miami last year?  

 

On a side note, isn't it great to have SO much to read/watch/listen to on the Titans?  A bit of my Titans-pessimism is coming out and I may go through withdrawals if things don't work out this weekend.  

 

Yep. All the coverage is great, even if some of it isn't the most accurate. Just having people take the time to write about the team at all is a breath of fresh air compared to what we are used to.

 

If...IF...we can punch our ticket to Miami, the 2 weeks of media coverage will be amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My brother live in Florida and followed the Fins. He said Tannehill would have some really great games and then have a terrible game. Which is what happens on a talent depraved team, the QB tries to carry the entire load and ends up trying to do too much and taking chances he shouldn't have taken. He has complete command of the Titans offense and for the most part has made excellent decisions and not tried to do too much. He's surrounded by good talent on offense and a complimentary defense. It's a perfect situation for him AND us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a complete 'Phins fan, and still am in a secondary way.  I have been in the stands in Miami and in Nashville while RT led the Dolphins.  He was NEVER surrounded with player talent or coaching talent while in Miami to compare with his current circumstances.

 

Miami media and fans failed to appreciate his abilities and his dedication to his teammates.  His maturity as a leader was and is outstanding.  His willingness to set aside personal glory for the betterment of the team is admirable.  In short, he is a winner so far for my/our team.

 

pro

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

 

Yep. All the coverage is great, even if some of it isn't the most accurate. Just having people take the time to write about the team at all is a breath of fresh air compared to what we are used to.

 

If...IF...we can punch our ticket to Miami, the 2 weeks of media coverage will be amazing. 

I've been seeing lots of TV advertising for the AFC Championship game with pics of Mahomes and Tannehill. I have to pinch myself everytime I see one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he's a transcendent HOF QB but he's certainly good enough to win with a talented team.  His production has been elite - overall and in the red zone. 

 

He's come in and done the things that were not happening - command of the offense, leadership, making pre-snap audibles and adjustments, throwing it accurately to the receivers, making off script plays, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I don't think he's a transcendent HOF QB but he's certainly good enough to win with a talented team.  His production has been elite - overall and in the red zone. 

 

He's come in and done the things that were not happening - command of the offense, leadership, making pre-snap audibles and adjustments, throwing it accurately to the receivers, making off script plays, etc. 

If he has 5 more seasons like this here, he'll have over 100 career QB rating.  Add a couple of Super Bowls, and he should very well make the HOF.  It would be hilarious to see that happen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CreepingDeath said:

I didn't follow the Dolphins, was it this apparent he was done in Miami last year?  

 

On a side note, isn't it great to have SO much to read/watch/listen to on the Titans?  A bit of my Titans-pessimism is coming out and I may go through withdrawals if things don't work out this weekend.  

 

It was painfully obvious that it was coming.  The local media didn't like him, most of the fans hated him, a few of the previous coaches blamed him for them getting fired, on and on and on.  The fanbase was largely crying for his ouster since his first few years, and it was obvious the team was going to move on from Gase, and likely Tannehill.  Many statements were made by the owner and others to that effect.

 

Miami gonna Miami...they've been shit since this owner has owned the team.

Edited by PhinFan1968

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Nice article here from Cameron Wolfe. Also some interesting quotes there from JRob on what he told Tannehill.

 

- "Ryan was a guy who had played a lot of good football, started games, won games in this league. I've admired him from afar," Robinson said. "I was direct in defining what the role was with him with Marcus on the roster. I told him he would be the backup but 'you're coming in here to compete. You never know how things will shake out.'"

 

Titans general manager Jon Robinson had a list of expectations for Tannehill when the veteran took over the starting job from Marcus Mariota last October. "Go play starting-level football. Take command of the offense. You've got the keys now," Robinson told ESPN of his message to Tannehill. "Get us in the right play at the line of scrimmage. When you've got to throw the ball, identify the coverage, find the guy that's open and get him the football. Keep plays alive. Move the football. He did a great job. You saw his personality and leadership come out even more."

 

 

 

Sounds like Robinson is actually the hero in this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, japan said:

Sounds like Robinson is actually the hero in this. 

 

Actually Tannehill is.  He's the one that saved the season and what was in fact a SB roster being dragged down by Pineapple Tebow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, japan said:

Sounds like Robinson is actually the hero in this. 

 

Yea good thing he told RT to get the team in the right play, identify the coverage and move the offense!

 

I'd like to hear what his list of expectations were for you know who

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its all about combinations. The great QBs had/have great coaches that understand them and position the player and team to be contenders based around their skills. Who knows the Titans OC and Tanney could be made for each other. It is clear that Tanney needs a running game to open play action. If that happens RT looks like a top 10 QB in the NFL right now. He is waaaay more accurate than I thought. The Titans will find out soon enough.

 

RT hails from forty miles away from where I live and grew up. If he is still "that guy" from Big Spring Texas, Nashville is a perfect long term fit it would appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, prometheus said:

Miami media and fans failed to appreciate his abilities and his dedication to his teammates.  His maturity as a leader was and is outstanding.  His willingness to set aside personal glory for the betterment of the team is admirable.  In short, he is a winner so far for my/our team.

 

pro

 

Alot of us understood this, while still acknowledging it was time to move on. I could go into why, but bottom line is wanting a clean slate and what that offers. Miami was 100% behind Tannehill for quite awhile while alot of the NFL was down on the guy. Supplied all the right pieces? No. (oline) but the powers that be were all in on him for an extended period.

 

My take by the end of last year was if he was going to be successful as a team's QB, it wasn't going to be in Miami. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BaddKarma said:

Its all about combinations. The great QBs had/have great coaches that understand them and position the player and team to be contenders based around their skills. Who knows the Titans OC and Tanney could be made for each other. It is clear that Tanney needs a running game to open play action. If that happens RT looks like a top 10 QB in the NFL right now. He is waaaay more accurate than I thought. The Titans will find out soon enough.

 

RT hails from forty miles away from where I live and grew up. If he is still "that guy" from Big Spring Texas, Nashville is a perfect long term fit it would appear.

Seems like in alot of ways tannehill just happened to fit right into the role they wanted Marcus to fill.

We gonna pound the rock but when you get a chance make it big.  Mariota seemed stuck in the protect the ball mode as opposed to just slinging it.

 

Obviously various people deserve credit but really I think it just totally fell in to place in a cray kinda way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Newest Topics

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...