Predicting where the top FA QB’s end up this year including a new scenery for Brady

kyle021

I think it’s a interesting thing to talk about & I’m curious to what the board thinks!

Where do you think Rivers, Brady, Newton, Brees, Bridgewater, etc end up?

I don’t think Brady returns to NE. I think the reigns will be handed to Stidham who looked like a complete stud in the preseason and was damn good in college and I personally thought he was the second best QB in the draft last year. 

I think NE will go into this offseason with Jarrett Stidham as their new QB1 for the first time in two decades and begin a new “dynasty”

I can see NE going with him and signing a player like AJ Green in FA to give him a true #1 and go after a TE like Walker who still has tread on the tires left to give him a security blanket. I can see NE giving us a 4th rounder for him. 

so, my QB predictions... Also, yes. This list includes Winston, Mariota and Flacco as well. 

Tom Brady will get a two year fully guaranteed contract with... The Indianapolis Colts. That team is legitimately a QB away from being great. They were SB contenders with Luck and became a solid .500 team with Brissett. I can see Brady joining Indy and having Hilton, Campbell, Rogers, Ebron and a RB like James White in Nyheim Hines and a complete RB who may be one of the leagues most underrated in Mack. They have a great HC and offensive mind and GM who will give Brady supreme talent at the skill positions around him with all that cap money and they are also just a few players from having a great defense. This move actually scares me.

Phillip Rivers - LA Chargers. He stays where his kids are. I initially wanted to put him with Carolina, but they are going into rebuild mode. Speaking of Carolina...

Marcus Mariota - I think he ends up in Carolina and their new HC mixed with their new OC Brady will attempt to Resurrect Mariotas career by adding him to a team with a player like McCaffrey in the backfield and a true game changing WR like D.J. Moore. I can see them signing Marcus on a price friendly prove it deal while going through a rebuild and staying competitive and also drafting a QB. They won’t just hand him the job though. He will have to beat Kyle Allen and a rookie they draft early. 

Drew Brees and Teddy B - They stay in NO and Bridgewater will take over when Brees retires next year. 

Cam Newton - Tampa Bay - I think he is a great fit for Bruce Arians offense. He can sling the football all over the field and after taking a year off to heal up I think he will bring the juice to an offense in TB with Evans and Godwin and bring the same big play potential through the air Winston was able to bring without the 30+ INT plus the ability Winston lacked by running. Bruce Arians will love to have him. 

Jameis Winston - Miami - I think he stays in Florida but a little more South. He will sign a deal to be the starter this year for a handsome price while Miami drafts a QB like Tua and redshirts him and allows him to get healthy and learn the offense and fully take over a year later after the rebuild on the OL is complete as well as his hip. Meanwhile they hope they can get great play out of Winston and add their QBOTF as well as an OT in the draft. 

Joe Flacco - NE - Yup. New England signs Flacco to sit behind and backup Stidham and help him in his role as a #1 replacing Brady. If something happens to Stidham where he gets hurt, then Flacco can step in and help them win football games. If there is any coaching staff that can get Flacco back to being a premium QB it would be Belichick and McDaniels

43 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

I predict none of these things will happen. I doubt Brady would go to the org that accused him of deflategate.

I don’t think he cares about that. 

I think he would love to stick it to BB if they decide to not keep him after 20 years and no better way for him to do that than to go to their rival and win a ring there (hopefully not)

I did think about SD as they are also a perfect fit for Brady. They have Ekeler who is a stud and even better receiving back than White but a better runner as well, and they have a better OL than NE and a young stud at TE in Henry as well as some damn good WR’s including one of the leagues best in Allen. They are actually very similar offensively to NE in terms of skill set. However so does Indy

3 hours ago, Soxcat said:

I can't imagine Brady wants to go anywhere.  Why would he?  New coaches?  His best bet is to stay another year and let NE get some pieces around him.  

NE should find two quality TEs via FA and the draft and get back to what they used to do.  It allows them to run the ball more effectively and cover for some of Brady's misgivings.  They will still have a real good defense.  HIs best bet to win another title is to stay where he is.

I think he leaves but not necessarily his decision.  I think NE needs to move on from Brady.

4 hours ago, PhinFan1968 said:

Not a prayer Miami takes Winston.  They're happy to float with Fitzpatrick one more year while a drafted kid learns (and heals, in the case of Tua, if they get him).

I can't think of a much bigger mismatch that Winston and the Miami coaching philosophy.

Archived