Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

No Hall of Fame for Bud Adams This Year

The best argument for Drew Pearson is Lynn Swann had worse numbers...... GTFO

He led the league in yards once, made 3 probowls, 3 All pros, He was top 10 in receptions 3 times and 2 times he was top 10 in TD catches.......

This is the big screw job? LOL

The question isn't why isn't he in the HOF, the question is why did he make the all decade 70s team? Because he caught the hail mary? 

Nice video. I guess Mike Keith went down to Houston today hoping he would get in. Too bad.

Didn't he write checks to keep the AFL from going under? If that happens the game isn't near as big today as it has become. The whole AFL/NFL rivalry and the forward thinking on some of the AFL teams to make passing the ball something that occurred on downs other than 3rd and long; along with being far more open to drafting and signing African American players are a large part of what made this game so much better to watch on TV than baseball which is what drove the league's growth.

Edited by No1TitansFan

15 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Leaving Houston is probably the reason he missed. Left a bad taste.

Bud had no media or personal skills whatsoever. The NFL fully supported the move, and at the time, Tagliabue said Houston would never get another team after making basically zero effort to keep the Oilers.

Edited by kgsTitan

14 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

This brings a smile to my face. I wish he was alive to see he missed out on it. 

yes, and to me it is directly related to how he orchestrated the move, I bet Art Modell is in the same basket, load up the trucks ant night and leave town, was actually worse.