13 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

It truly is amazing the impact he is having here recently even in a limited role. 

Some one here told me he was being double teamed every play. 1 out of 4 in these vids.  People love to make things up to justify their stance.

Edited by JoelinBellevue

I have seen him being chipped a lot. I know that NFL offenses realize how good he is already. You see what happens when he gets blocked one on one. 

24 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Simmons is likely not getting near the credit he deserves for the Titans playoff run. Those clips and his play is Haynesworth worthy stuff

I don't believe we have the goal line stand against the Chargers or Pats without Simmons. 

We have to find a way to allow him to play more than 30% of the snaps in this game and the Super Bowl. 

Edited by Supdawg

The past two weeks he’s been one of the best players on the field. He’s not only freeing up Casey, but he’s being disruptive through double teams. I found the play stopping the outlet to Michel the most intriguing. It takes a lot of discipline to stay outside like that and then to attack at the exact second he forced the route inside. That’s high level stuff right there. The fact he payed a hit on Brady through the double team is just the cherry on top. Sky is the limit for this guy. 

I wasn’t sold on Simmons until I saw that HS video.  I knew then that he was my kind of guy.

Seriously he is playing really well.

Just now, Soxcat said:

You could do a nice appreciation thread for D Jones as well.  Guy has been a beast.  Simmons is going to be a super star but Jones brings his lunch box and has far more value than people realize.  

Teams like the Chiefs look cute and can score points.  But what I love about this team is we kick some serious ass in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Look at some of these clips of the OL.  Gee, was Conklin worth it? 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-tennessee-titans-offensive-line-has-transformed-their-offense

Games are won and lost in the trenches.

Jones does so much week in and week out Fans don't see. Lost in all this talk is he very thing you mentioned. The Titans are absolutely dominiating the line of scrimmage and they are doing it without a flashy pass rush. I think thats the main reason people are glossing over how good the DL has been.

41 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

You could do a nice appreciation thread for D Jones as well.  Guy has been a beast.  Simmons is going to be a super star but Jones brings his lunch box and has far more value than people realize.  

Teams like the Chiefs look cute and can score points.  But what I love about this team is we kick some serious ass in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Look at some of these clips of the OL.  Gee, was Conklin worth it? 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-tennessee-titans-offensive-line-has-transformed-their-offense

Games are won and lost in the trenches.

Yep. He actually made the stop on 2nd and goal with the Pats and Evans cleaned up. Linemen are hard to see sometimes and don't get credit for things they do, even if they don't make a tackle. Just plugging a hole and redirecting a running play can be huge. 

Jones is making it less of a priority to get a big dominate NT and he allows us to play Simmons at DE in our 3-4. I'm not sure what the next biggest need is on this team... CB? TE? OLB? I guess a pass rushing OLB would be up there. I could see any of those 3 being the pick. If we resign our guys, I don't see us going OL or WR... definitely not RB too early. There's an outside chance of a developmental QB early but that'd be a gut punch to Tannehill if he just got extended.

Pressure up the middle w/ a containment rush outside could be key to Mahomes. I'd love to see him sail a couple passes b/c he can't step into them.