Luke Kuechly Retires

Jonboy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you think about all the concussion issues he has had this really isn't that surprising.

Smart, but I bet its 5 years to late. Dude has had some serious post concussion issues.

Awesome player. Smart move at 28.

Wow.  Definitely unexpected.

I imagine we’ll start seeing this more and more often....elite players walking away with their financial future completely secured and their bodies and brains still intact.    Luck made that decision right before the season opener....now Keuchly’s doing  the same .   

What do you guys give the NFL? 20 years? Parents are already transitioning kids away from football. 

I know it seems like we talk about this every year, and the league is still wildly the most popular thing going. But, is it doomed?

CTE and concussions really started getting attention 5 or so years ago. I'm guessing in the next 15 years we'll see a big dropoff. More and more it's the poorest kids who are getting into the game and the other kids getting into soccer, hockey, baseball, MMA.

48 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

What do you guys give the NFL? 20 years? Parents are already transitioning kids away from football. 

I know it seems like we talk about this every year, and the league is still wildly the most popular thing going. But, is it doomed?

CTE and concussions really started getting attention 5 or so years ago. I'm guessing in the next 15 years we'll see a big dropoff. More and more it's the poorest kids who are getting into the game and the other kids getting into soccer, hockey, baseball, MMA.

pay them more. educate them, make them sign a waiver, improve helmets more and more, adjust some rules, and otherwise...  let them get concussions. they know its a part of the game and they chose to do it anyhow.