Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

David Long Was an Absolute Beast

a few of us  had mentioned we expected a big game out of him this week.  he's the best attacking LB we've got. His college tape was incredible the way he exploded into the backfield. The only worry was nerves or if he got too excited and ran past the play.

If he ever learns to play the pass well then Brown better watch out.

Another impressive late round pick.

i think you can credit Vrabel personally for the big leap we’ve taken in the LB department. He seems like a master at teaching up these LBs. 

Edited by japan

12 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

First there was Big Dick Derrick, then there was David Long Schlong, next is Meatless Mike Vrabel.

for the boy

Edited by SleepingTitan

I was extremely worried about Brown being out, especially since I thought Long looked shaky against the Patriots.

No doubt he was a big factor in the win.

It's not just him. Watch our DL on most of those plays. They take up blockers and give 0 ground which opens up Long to just fill/shoot gaps and tackle.

Watching #90 (Jones?) at the :23 mark just take 2 blockers and not give an inch is baller. Simmons does the same but against only 1 guy.

It allows Long to just step into the gap and make the tackle.

Edited by reo

Would eventually love to see some base 4-3 defense with Brown, Long, and Evans out there. Slide Landry to DE with Wake/Rookie and Casey/Simmons inside. That would be a great defense as well. I hope Long continues to see the field.