He really has made smart coaching decisions during a playoff season that has seen some coaches royally fucking up their teams. Using Darth Bill's move against him and coaching with confidence has really won the day for him. 

Oh, Correa, picked up for a 6th round pick and a guy I didn't have much confidence in has been playing real well.  Vaccaro also.  We really do not have any duds out there. 

16 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Vrabel wouldn't be half the coach without JRob's handling of the roster.  Just the Tannehill decision (Jrob made the trade) made Vrabel a much better coach.

Simmons is an animal.  AJ Brown is a stud.  Nate Davis panning out.  Landry and Evans have been gold.  Getting a guy like Jayon Brown in the 5th (and his backup in the 6th).

In two drafts and a trade for Tannehill our roster was transformed into  SB contender. 

Senile  bitching people will constantly complain about a few misses.  We even had morons complaining that Henry was taken after Johnson (who is playing well this year by the way) and Dodd. 

JRob drafted Henry.  That is all that matters.  Yea, but we paid too much for Conklin?  Yea, Conklin has been kicking ass and taking names in the run game and also doing a good job in pass protection.

Remember the bitching when we extended Jones?  Thank God JRob is making these decisions and others are not.

Of course, talent is critical and Robinson has without question done a good job there.  The team waited far too long to cut bait with Mariota but that's a management decision, not talent procurement.  But talent alone is not everything. 

This team is well prepared, confident, and plays smart, tough football.  Vrabel has managed the games well in real time and he is pushing all of the right buttons with the players right now.  This team absolutely believes that they will win any game they play in.  For that, Vrabel deserves the bulk of the credit.

I think we can discount his first draft a little, i.e. Dodd, Johnson, Tretola.  It was after that draft that he fired Beddingfield and other members of the scouting staff who were not on the same page as he was in evaluating talent.   Since than there are very few big busts, unless you want to call Davis a bust.

40 minutes ago, h4t said:

I think we can discount his first draft a little, i.e. Dodd, Johnson, Tretola.  It was after that draft that he fired Beddingfield and other members of the scouting staff who were not on the same page as he was in evaluating talent.   Since than there are very few big busts, unless you want to call Davis a bust.

Johnson has been a decent player.

39 minutes ago, h4t said:

That's a fair point as I'm sure it was a mixture of the old guard/new guard in the draft room.

I would not consider Davis nor Jackson to be busts but you can argue that taking a WR at 5 is dumb and Jackson has been up and down as a CB and a disaster as a return man.

2 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

That's a fair point as I'm sure it was a mixture of the old guard/new guard in the draft room.

I would not consider Davis nor Jackson to be busts but you can argue that taking a WR at 5 is dumb and Jackson has been up and down as a CB and a disaster as a return man.

Jackson isn't even close to a bust. He's a very very good CB who will get the 5th year option and a huge deal

18 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Jackson isn't even close to a bust. He's a very very good CB who will get the 5th year option and a huge deal

I clearly said he wasn't a bust.  Very very good is being pretty kind.  He's up and down.  Too many plays where his tackling sucks or he's in position but doesn't make a play on the ball.  Saying that, they badly needed him back, especially with Butler down.

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

I clearly said he wasn't a bust.  Very very good is being pretty kind.  He's up and down.  Too many plays where his tackling sucks or he's in position but doesn't make a play on the ball.  Saying that, they badly needed him back, especially with Butler down.

He gave up the second fewest yards per snap in the NFL this year. He has been a top cover corner pretty much all year.

Props to Vrabel. For a stretch this season we were pretty hard on him, with his ass backward game decisions .. but since he cleared that up he's been top notch. And he has this team believing and running thru walls for him. 

Reaching the afc championship shows they made the right choice. 

Also i've noticed on other teams boards, most fans of other teams recognize  vrabel as a terrific coach

Edited by Jeff.Fisher