Titans totally mistakenly overlooked as real contender

OILERMAN

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

The Chiefs really should do the Pats plan of not letting the big plays happen and let henry march down the field repeatedly. Their offense is immensely better than the pats and they can reliably score more points. Henry, theoretically SHOULD eventually get tired and less effective. 

Spags isn't exactly a great defensive mind.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This team has been so overlooked it's not even funny. When the playoffs first started the Titans were 60-1 to win the SB, they are now 7-1.    I believe the team is overlooked for a few reas

Shannon Sharpe just called Jonnu Smith the third tight end while Skip Bayless has never heard of him.  This is the type of coverage the Titans get.

People still dont believe after the Ravens win. It's annoying as fuck. I like them over the 49ers and Packers. If they beat the Chiefs this week I think they win the Superbowl.

Posted Images

I think sometimes people worry too much about TOP.  Just score.  If the Titans score and have short drives then great.  

Yeah, A.J. Brown or Derrick Henry will be in the middle of a long TD and will take a knee.  Why?  Because they want to keep the ball from Mahomes!

Pretty sure the Titans have lost TOP pretty much every week since Tannehill took over.  In fact I think they said going into the Baltimore game it was 9 straight?  Which would be from the KC game onward.

I'll tell you one way you won't beat the Chiefs.  By running just to run even if for some reason it's not working and playing the field position game.  As we saw on Sunday and the last time the Titans played the Chiefs and pretty much every other Chiefs game since Mahomes took over, the Chiefs can score at any point on the field.  Thinking you got a victory because you were able to take 5 minutes off the clock ended by a great punt from Brett Kern is a recipe for a loss.

29 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I'll tell you one way you won't beat the Chiefs.  By running just to run even if for some reason it's not working and playing the field position game.  As we saw on Sunday and the last time the Titans played the Chiefs and pretty much every other Chiefs game since Mahomes took over, the Chiefs can score at any point on the field.  Thinking you got a victory because you were able to take 5 minutes off the clock ended by a great punt from Brett Kern is a recipe for a loss.

AKA Fisherball.  We need explosive plays and red zone efficiency on defense and offense.

16 hours ago, reo said:

He's the clear #1 on the Titans.

That doesn't mean we couldn't use a more consistent upgrade... granted we don't have to throw it much so no one who wants to catch passes will look consistent on this team. Smith could very well be the guy to take over for Walker moving forward.

Personally, I could just as easily see TE being one of the top positions to keep an eye on going into the draft.

I like Jonnu Smith a lot, and like I said in the game thread I love dat ass and want more of it, but if JRob sees an opportunity to grab another Gronk I hope he takes it. That would make this offense insane to have to deal with. But are there any prospects in the draft on that level?

15 hours ago, atitan said:

Nate Burleson from Good Morning Football mentioned the Titans going to the Superbowl before we got the wildcard. He's picked the Titans to win both playoff games. We'll see if the others get on the bandwagon.

I don't think they will. It'll be Peter, Kay, and that other guy picking Chiefs. I think Nate goes Titans again.

11 hours ago, abenjami said:

Let's all not forget about the fact this team lost what was essentially a playoff game to Houston in Week 15.

Had we won that game and taken control over our own destiny, perhaps public perception would be different.

I can't blame anyone who sees us as a team that limped into the playoffs, losing 2 of our last 3 regular season games.

I actually like that it played out this way. Had the Titans won the division and gotten a home playoff game we may not have filled up half the stadium with Titans fans. And who knows who we would have faced in the wildcard round. A motivated and pissed off Texans team maybe? It would have been a different kind of aura around that game. Going on the road feels natural for this team. If we go into KC and knock them off we will have beaten the #1, #2, and #3 seeds. They're building one of the greatest playoff performances of any team in the last 20 years, maybe longer. I'm already proud of what they've done this year, even if they lose. But what a monumental statement it would be to put down the Chiefs. I honestly don't think either the 49ers or Packers have what it takes to stop the Titans. The real Super Bowl could be this Sunday.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

4 hours ago, rns90 said:

AKA Fisherball.  We need explosive plays and red zone efficiency on defense and offense.

I'm not even saying that.  I'm just saying forget about TOP.  If you have a 15 play drive that takes 9 minutes off the clock and you score a TD great.  If you have a one-play drive with a long TD from someone great.

Here's one way you can help keep the Chiefs off the field.  Run the play clock down to 1 every time if the score is still manageable (i.e the Titans are leading or close enough that they don't have to hurry up).

48 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I'm not even saying that.  I'm just saying forget about TOP.  If you have a 15 play drive that takes 9 minutes off the clock and you score a TD great.  If you have a one-play drive with a long TD from someone great.

Here's one way you can help keep the Chiefs off the field.  Run the play clock down to 1 every time if the score is still manageable (i.e the Titans are leading or close enough that they don't have to hurry up).

No one saying TOP is important is making that a trade off for scoring points.  Teams won’t pass up and explosive score just to keep the ball unless it’s at the end of the game to eliminate a  potentially winning or tying possession for the opponent.

The Titans know that KC will get yards and points.  The key is to minimize their opportunities and the Titans methodical run game and elite red zone production is a oerfecr recipe to do that.