Titans totally mistakenly overlooked as real contender

OILERMAN

15 minutes ago, big2033 said:

It's amazing what we've built.

Again like I've said they've managed to build a team that wins in the modern age that is the essence of what the Titans franchise has been. 

If you're not a fan of smashmouth football it's obvious now that this isn't the franchise for you.

I've been accused of loving the "oldschool" smashmouth style too much so imagine my surprise that not only is it still effective it's dominant.

Still think this is just a wasted year, big? ???

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This team has been so overlooked it's not even funny. When the playoffs first started the Titans were 60-1 to win the SB, they are now 7-1.    I believe the team is overlooked for a few reas

Shannon Sharpe just called Jonnu Smith the third tight end while Skip Bayless has never heard of him.  This is the type of coverage the Titans get.

People still dont believe after the Ravens win. It's annoying as fuck. I like them over the 49ers and Packers. If they beat the Chiefs this week I think they win the Superbowl.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Here's the hilarious aspect of things.  Almost all of the SB winning teams in the last 10 years have been good on defense and had a good running game, even if it was split out among a few (NE comes to mind).  Teams like the Harbaugh 49ers, the Seahawks, the 2015 Panthers have all been built very similar to this Titans team.  Explosive/efficient passing game, strong run game, and good defense. 

A good defense almost always contains a passing team.  Historically it has. 

I've been arguing this for years. I think people have seen Tom Brady and believed that the only way to do it is do it like him ... but he's the greatest QB of all time. If you don't have that the best formula is the one the Titans built.

The gambling odds are always a terrible way to gauge a team's actual probability of winning since they are based upon money being bet.  The big market teams and those with bigger fan bases will always skew the odds.  Teams like the Cowboys will always have lower odds than they should, and teams like the Titans will always have bigger odds than they should.  It's just a reality of gambling.

The Titans were 40-1 back in late June and that was similar to teams like the 49ers, Ravens, Chargers, and Raiders.  How do I know this?  Because I was in Vegas and bought a ticket.

Obviously they are going to be less right now, there's only 4 teams left.  The current Vegas odds on the Titans are 8-1.  The Packers are 7-1.

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Still think this is just a wasted year, big? ???

LOL def exceeded expectations. I believed waiting for us to be rid of Mariota would derail our season and that it was a necessary evil. But Tannehill has been much better than expected and Henry has turned into a star.

Edited by big2033

6 minutes ago, japan said:

Don’t forget we didn’t have Butler or Casey last time we played them, Mahomes had over 500 yards passing and they still lost. 

We also had a fumble returned for a TD by Evans and a blocked FG. We were down 10-0 early. 

Brown was out too though. Hopefully he's back. Could use Humphries as well.

This game worries me but we'll see.

Edited by reo

12 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Here's the hilarious aspect of things.  Almost all of the SB winning teams in the last 10 years have been good on defense and had a good running game, even if it was split out among a few (NE comes to mind).  Teams like the Harbaugh 49ers, the Seahawks, the 2015 Panthers have all been built very similar to this Titans team.  Explosive/efficient passing game, strong run game, and good defense. 

A good defense almost always contains a passing team.  Historically it has. 

The really good offenses are typically like the Ravens.. they feast on poor defenses and look unstoppable as people kind of forget the losses but then when in the playoffs, they struggle b/c they're playing better teams.

23 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Smith is the Titans #1 TE and its not even close. We aren't talking about the top 5 TE list in the NFL.

Lol at it not being close.  It is very close.  WR, RB, etc....are not even close.  At TE it's a committee approach

This reminds me so much of 2 games in the past:

Us against the Jags in the AFC Championship. Yeah we had beat them twice that year, but everyone was crowning Jacksonville early. Then we beat the hell out of them at Alltell. 

And the Pats taking down Oakland in the playoffs the year they won their first SB. No way was anyone getting past that high flying Raiders attack....until NE did it. 

Weather the storm early and we will win. 

37 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

This reminds me so much of 2 games in the past:

Us against the Jags in the AFC Championship. Yeah we had beat them twice that year, but everyone was crowning Jacksonville early. Then we beat the hell out of them at Alltell. 

There was a strong sentiment that the Titans (13-3) were just way more physical than the Jags (14-2), so even though they had just beaten the Dolphins 60 something to 7 the week before in the playoffs, there was hardly any fear from Titan fans of the Jags.  And a winning Fisher was at the height of his trollmaster ways.

2 minutes ago, begooode said:

There was a strong sentiment that the Titans (13-3) were just way more physical than the Jags (14-2), so even though they had just beaten the Dolphins 60 something to 7 the week before in the playoffs, there was hardly any fear from Titan fans of the Jags.  And a winning Fisher was at the height of his trollmaster ways.

These Titans are absolutely more physical than KC.  This absolutely is a trample the weak and hurdle the dead type of game.  This is why there is a ton of money invested in the OL.  Hammer them with Henry and take some PA shots.  Keep on dominating in the red zone. 

In the last 3 games, the Titans are 100% in the red zone on offense and 44% in red zone defense. 

In the regular season, the Titans were #1 in red zone offense as we all know and have stayed there. 

On defense, however, they were 31st overall at the end of the regular season but this 3 game stretch here would have been 2nd best overall.  Huge.