Titans totally mistakenly overlooked as real contender

OILERMAN

4 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

It is pretty interesting to see the clash of styles in this game. The Titans are the physical, ground and pound, in your face style while the Chiefs have a high flying aerial attack with very little running game. 

Playoff history would seem to favor the Titans style over KC’s. I love that all the focus this week will be in KC and their amazing 51-pt performance. Titans defense will be sick of hearing it by Sunday. 

The Chiefs have a decent rushing attack. They are not poor at all. I believe Footballoutsiders ranks them 14 or 15.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This team has been so overlooked it's not even funny. When the playoffs first started the Titans were 60-1 to win the SB, they are now 7-1.    I believe the team is overlooked for a few reas

Shannon Sharpe just called Jonnu Smith the third tight end while Skip Bayless has never heard of him.  This is the type of coverage the Titans get.

People still dont believe after the Ravens win. It's annoying as fuck. I like them over the 49ers and Packers. If they beat the Chiefs this week I think they win the Superbowl.

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Shannon Sharpe just called Jonnu Smith the third tight end while Skip Bayless has never heard of him.  This is the type of coverage the Titans get.

With Delanie done, the Titans don't really have a #1 TE.  It's 1a 1b 1c between them.  Vrabel continuously preaches about leveraging what players do best....it's the team first mentality and no where is this more evident than the TE group.

More evidence of great coaching and roster management....

11 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

What's the real difference...you play better teams so it's not easy...no cupcakes along the way but I think it's pretty much the same game.

Handling the pressure is the only real difference to me

Teams with physical run games and defense travel and can play in good weather, bad weather, cold weather....The team that runs the ball better almost always wins playoff games.

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Not sure why you would think this. Smith is the clear #1 TE. Firkser and and Pruitt are 2a (pass catching) and 2b (inline blocker).

I don't view Jonnu and a clear #1.  That would be more like Delanie, Kelce, etc....  It's not a knock...

11 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

It is pretty interesting to see the clash of styles in this game. The Titans are the physical, ground and pound, in your face style while the Chiefs have a high flying aerial attack with very little running game. 

Playoff history would seem to favor the Titans style over KC’s. I love that all the focus this week will be on KC and their amazing 51-pt performance. Titans defense will be sick of hearing it by Sunday. 

i think that 51 point performance by KC vs Hou is probably one of the best things that could happen for the Titans.

It serves as a reminder to this team just what can happen if they get over confident and don't buckle down for this game. And it could allow KC to go the other way and make them think they can put up tons of points at will (sort of working on me).

i don't know how you defend these guys but thankfully, it's not my job.

18 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

People like to look at the Superstars

Watson and Lamar can turn it on and beat you...even if you do everything right.  Mahommes also but he's on a better all around team.

Titans are just solid... although Henry has reached that superstar status...he will be the reason the Titans start to get some love.

You really gotta be into football to recognize a collection of talent in a team...most people just want that one or two names they can relate to

It's amazing what we've built.

Again like I've said they've managed to build a team that wins in the modern age that is the essence of what the Titans franchise has been. 

If you're not a fan of smashmouth football it's obvious now that this isn't the franchise for you.

I've been accused of loving the "oldschool" smashmouth style too much so imagine my surprise that not only is it still effective it's dominant.

Edited by big2033

7 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

I don't view Jonnu and a clear #1.  That would be more like Delanie, Kelce, etc....  It's not a knock...

He's the clear #1 on the Titans.

That doesn't mean we couldn't use a more consistent upgrade... granted we don't have to throw it much so no one who wants to catch passes will look consistent on this team. Smith could very well be the guy to take over for Walker moving forward.

Personally, I could just as easily see TE being one of the top positions to keep an eye on going into the draft.

Edited by reo

4 minutes ago, big2033 said:

It's amazing what we've built.

Again like I've said they've managed to build a team that wins in the modern age that is the essence of what the Titans franchise has been. 

If you're not a fan of smashmouth football it's obvious now that this isn't the franchise for you.

I've been accused of loving the "oldschool" smashmouth style too much so imagine my surprise that not only is it still effective it's dominant.

Here's the hilarious aspect of things.  Almost all of the SB winning teams in the last 10 years have been good on defense and had a good running game, even if it was split out among a few (NE comes to mind).  Teams like the Harbaugh 49ers, the Seahawks, the 2015 Panthers have all been built very similar to this Titans team.  Explosive/efficient passing game, strong run game, and good defense. 

A good defense almost always contains a passing team.  Historically it has. 

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

People still dont believe after the Ravens win. It's annoying as fuck. I like them over the 49ers and Packers. If they beat the Chiefs this week I think they win the Superbowl.

This. The last two wins have been considered "upsets" by the outside world. That we "stunned them". 

How about we just won, or the better team won. I honestly wonder how they would spin it if we won the Superbowl? That the other team imploded? It gets old..

Edited by Former_Fan

27 minutes ago, reo said:

Gotta beat the best to be the best and Titans are going through that now.

This week will test what has been perceived as our biggest weakness all year... pass rush and pass defense. And we're doing it w/o one of our main CBs in Butler.

If they beat the Chiefs again, I'll believe they could truly be the best in the league regardless of how they do in the SB.

Hopefully it'll be a fun game.. for Titans fans ;)

Don’t forget we didn’t have Butler or Casey last time we played them, Mahomes had over 500 yards passing and they still lost. 

23 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Teams with physical run games and defense travel and can play in good weather, bad weather, cold weather....The team that runs the ball better almost always wins playoff games.

This is what I was getting at. History would seem to favor the Titans. 

Mahomes though...gonna be tough to slow down.