The Texans must fire Bill O'Brien now

Oiler FANatic

3 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Blowing a 24-0 lead and then losing 51-31? No way will he have a job after tomorrow.

They needed Booger McFarland calling the game.  "JJ got a sack!  Wow, the Texans are really motivated.  Man did you see that pass by Watson, every since JJ got that sack, the Texans are coming back..."

The Chiefs were a beaten team. They were done. All the Texans had to do was not make mistakes or take unnecessary risks that might give the Chiefs a reason to have hope. Momentum is a huge factor in football, and O’Brien flat out handed it to the Chiefs. From the instant they failed to convert that fourth down the Chiefs knew they were back in it and the Texans started pressing and making mistakes. It just snowballed from there, but it was O’Brien that opened the door for it to happen. He’s a moron...and I don’t just mean he’s a bad coach. I mean he’s an actual idiot and I hope the Texans keep him around for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

O'Brien said in his presser he didn't go for the 4th and inches because they didn't have a play that he liked. To get less than a yard?? Seriously?

That comment is beyond stupid on multiple levels.  First, not to have a play after a week of preparation.  Second, to admit it.

8 minutes ago, cenj said:

That game was a textbook example of why Vrabel goes conservative and tries to close the game out. 

They didn’t have to go conservative. They just needed to not be stupid, which they were unable to do.

12 minutes ago, cenj said:

That game was a textbook example of why Vrabel goes conservative and tries to close the game out. 

That's a good point. Vrabel understands momentum and how to read the opponent. More critically, though, Pees is the coordinator . He understands how to take advantage of a lead and avoid giving up the kind of big plays that allowed the Chiefs back into it.

Some of the choices O'Brien made were just baffling. Going for it when he shouldn't. A FAKE punt? WTF. Is that analytics? If so, he's awful at it.

I don't think the problem was that he kept trying to score, but HOW he did so. Eat some clock. Maybe the problem is that the Texans just don't have the kind of run game that allows them to impose themselves on an opponent when you have a lead.

19 minutes ago, nine said:

BOB’s mind-numbing decision to try that fake punt opened the floodgates and was the turning point in the game.   

Not really. The Chiefs had just scored a TD. Like I said BoB probably knew his D couldn't stop the Chiefs. They were coming back anyway.

I didn’t watch anything but highlights but it seemed like BOB never tried to slow the game down and take time off the clock. They went up 21-0 but only ran the ball 21 times all game including Watson’s scrambles. That’s blasphemous. They should’ve been running 50% of the time once they went up by that much. They ended up throwing 52 times and losing their lead in the first fucking half! LOLOLOL

Also why fake punt it? We even gave Vrabel a ton of shit for going for the fake punt rather than just letting Henry do his thing. Bill O’Brien is a fucking dumbass. You love to see it.

2 hours ago, Thrill said:

I didn’t watch anything but highlights but it seemed like BOB never tried to slow the game down and take time off the clock. They went up 21-0 but only ran the ball 21 times all game including Watson’s scrambles. That’s blasphemous. They should’ve been running 50% of the time once they went up by that much. They ended up throwing 52 times and losing their lead in the first fucking half! LOLOLOL

Also why fake punt it? We even gave Vrabel a ton of shit for going for the fake punt rather than just letting Henry do his thing. Bill O’Brien is a fucking dumbass. You love to see it.

The Texans lost that lead over the course of 12 mins in the 2nd qtr. They were down 28-24 at the half and thus didnt really have time to run down the clock.

Edited by oldschool