Makaveli

Ryan Tannehill still most important piece on offense

8 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

This might be the worst thing you've ever posted.

It's not even close, It's Tannehill without question 

I have a pretty good list.  My point is Henry is setting historical records.  Tannehill is doing great, but I can't think of a back right now who could replace Henry.  I see it as a team playing lights out, no one is easily replaced,  I just can'y say Henry isn't as important and is even more important right now.  If Tannehill goes down, we send in Mariota.  If Henry goes down, we send in Lewis.

We barely lost to the Saints without Henry. 

Henry is doing great and I'm glad to have him, but I still maintain that another good RB would have this team in the same place. Sure, Mahomes would have the Titans winning too, but it's way easier to get top RB production than find a top 5 QB.

Look at the young RBs in the league -- I think Josh Jacobs, or Devin Singletary, or Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, etc., would all fit right into this offense. You can find effective RBs every year.

Henry is a unique build that fits this offense, but I'm still wary of paying him more money than any RB.

This is an uneasy argument.  It's like Sophie's choice.  Which one do you think we can win without?  My answer is neither.  @cenj just said "we barely lost to the Saints without Henry."

2 hours ago, XanderMXIX said:

He did attribute to 3 scores last night 

Yeah this is a funny thing to me.  I’m hearing a lot of talk about how average Tannehill is and how he needs to do more.  

what?   Motherfucker had 3tds. Fantasy football has had an impact.  These days you could go 4-4 with 4 tds and people will still harp on the lack of volume.  

I have a feeling that Tannehill is going to go off soon.   These last two games are going to force opponents hand and I think we take huge advantage. 

19 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I have a pretty good list.  My point is Henry is setting historical records.  Tannehill is doing great, but I can't think of a back right now who could replace Henry.  I see it as a team playing lights out, no one is easily replaced,  I just can'y say Henry isn't as important and is even more important right now.  If Tannehill goes down, we send in Mariota.  If Henry goes down, we send in Lewis.

Hah we are fucked either wAy

34 minutes ago, Number9 said:

It's too ridiculous to argue

2 hours ago, Alcibiades said:

Yeah, you can tell that when teams sell out to stop Henry, they can do it. I think the Ravens had the same plan the Patriots did, actually. Stop Tanny from the big play and let Henry get some yards. The problem is that Henry gets HUGE yardage, and then Tanny makes a few plays and bam....you are down after one quarter. Then what?

The Ravens counted on a shootout. It was a smart call, really. But our defense played to perfection. They are one-dimensional. Despite what outsiders think, we aren't. Henry is NOT our only offensive weapon. We may well have the best offense in the NFL right now....49ers have an argument, though.

The Ravens played a lot of 8 man fronts. They weren’t conceding the run. 

41 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

The OP talks about the big pass play to Raymond; but that was a first down play off of play action set up by effectively running Henry on first down most of the time; it's all links in a chain including a great route by Raymond. Don't think it's going to be a dilemma as we're going to sign both of them or sign and franchise one at the least. I have no problem giving max RB money to Henry because he does force the defense to account for him in ways that very few other backs would and he does get into the heads of defenders and he's been able to stay healthy and available. He could be replaced  but not by just any other good back; that size and speed combo is really unique.

We absolutely need both 

41 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

We know damn well that it’s much harder to find a franchise caliber quarterback than it is to find a good running back. Henry’s great but he was neutered without a good quarterback

I think everybody knows that.  Really it's the way wrong question to be asking in the first place.  They play on the same team and the Titans can't win next week without either one of them.  They are two of our triplets.  AJB might put up 150/2 yards next week.  Then "RT is more important that AJB."  It's a team.

We only see Tannehill making a few passes because he is so efficient the team is chewing clock in the 2nd quarter.

When the Titans are even or down, expect the pass plays to get called.  Otherwise Titans will keep it close to the vest.