Makaveli

Ryan Tannehill still most important piece on offense

This offense is a machine. Tannehill is vital but there is no "most important" piece. Henry is obviously vital in so many ways. The OL has improved. The receivers have made big catches including the TEs who have stepped up in after the loss of a star.

The whole discussion of who is more important is pointless and not in the spirit of what the team would say about themselves.

The fact is that this team is not even in this position without Ryan Tannehill. The last two games from a Numbers perspective have been ordinary if you just focus on passing yards. Last night in particular, Tannehill played well.  On the play before the Henry touchdown pass, Tannehill through an accurate pass to Jennings that should’ve been a touchdown.

I thought he had air mailed the deep pass, but it was a great throw and an even better catch.  Same with Jonnu's in the end zone.  Henry's TD pass to Davis wasn't an easy catch either, and they really tried to get AJ into the mix too with the run.

JRob got us some playmakers, Smith is getting them involved, and they are stepping up.

And our defense....wow.  Keeping them off the board in the first, when they were the #1 team in the league in first quarter scoring...then holding them to only 12 points, 6 of which were meaningless, and to hold them on all those fourth down attempts.

We have to keep it up next week, regardless of where we go.

Yeah, you can tell that when teams sell out to stop Henry, they can do it. I think the Ravens had the same plan the Patriots did, actually. Stop Tanny from the big play and let Henry get some yards. The problem is that Henry gets HUGE yardage, and then Tanny makes a few plays and bam....you are down after one quarter. Then what?

The Ravens counted on a shootout. It was a smart call, really. But our defense played to perfection. They are one-dimensional. Despite what outsiders think, we aren't. Henry is NOT our only offensive weapon. We may well have the best offense in the NFL right now....49ers have an argument, though.

QB is the most important player in any NFL offense.  Show me an offense built around any other position beside QB and I’ll show you a team on the wrong side of .500.  

RT is more replaceable than DHen.  It's a team sport.  Is RT better than Mahomes?  But could this team win with Mahomes?  Team.  This team was built for Mariota, but Tannehill can do a better Mariota than Marcus can.  

3 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

Ravens stacked the box with 8 on 63% of Henry's runs. They definitely we're not playing us like the pats. 

Really? I didn't see that stat. Interesting...I thought they were trying to limit Tanny. So, did Vrabel and Smith just realize that the Ravens couldn't stop us even when they stacked and just ran the fuck over them? If so, that's....pretty amazing.

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

This might be the worst thing you've ever posted.

It's not even close, It's Tannehill without question 

Yeah we’ve seen DH with a scrub playing at quarterback.

7 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

Really? I didn't see that stat. Interesting...I thought they were trying to limit Tanny. So, did Vrabel and Smith just realize that the Ravens couldn't stop us even when they stacked and just ran the fuck over them? If so, that's....pretty amazing.