Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
woolfolksunclesuncle

The Jeffery (Dahmer) Simmons Appreciation Thread!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, stats said:

Most raw talent at DT since AH. Going to be a problem for olineman for years to come.

 

Has better technique than Haynesworth did...at least at this point in his career. Big Al was really raw when he came into the league. That was a GREAT year for DTs. I think AH was the fourth one picked...Big John Henderson, who also came from UT, was picked ahead of him by the Jags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alcibiades said:

 

Has better technique than Haynesworth did...at least at this point in his career. Big Al was really raw when he came into the league. That was a GREAT year for DTs. I think AH was the fourth one picked...Big John Henderson, who also came from UT, was picked ahead of him by the Jags.

Yeah, I had forgotten that he was the 4th DT taken.  Ryan Sims was taken ahead of Henderson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alcibiades said:

 

Has better technique than Haynesworth did...at least at this point in his career. Big Al was really raw when he came into the league. That was a GREAT year for DTs. I think AH was the fourth one picked...Big John Henderson, who also came from UT, was picked ahead of him by the Jags.


He wasn’t really great at UT. He had all the tools but... surprise, surprise... he was kind of lazy. He was drafted almost entirely on potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Starkiller said:


He wasn’t really great at UT. He had all the tools but... surprise, surprise... he was kind of lazy. He was drafted almost entirely on potential.

He was really young too whsn he was drafted. Like barely 21 years old. 

I remember clear as day, from the get go Haynesworth was a great run defender, when he didnt play because of injury our defense felt it. So he was always a great run stopper. Later on he just became another animal. Played super aggressive, and just man handled people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

He was really young too whsn he was drafted. Like barely 21 years old. 

I remember clear as day, from the get go Haynesworth was a great run defender, when he didnt play because of injury our defense felt it. So he was always a great run stopper. Later on he just became another animal. Played super aggressive, and just man handled people. 


He became an animal whenever it was a contract year. Otherwise he was lazy. He was still good simply because of his insane size and athleticism, but he underperformed most of the time.
 

He would have gone down as the best defensive lineman to ever play the game if he had a good work ethic. Imagine if he had KVB's drive...

Edited by Starkiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said at draft time, he’s probably Robinson’s best 1st round pick yet. 

 

I’d say best draft pick if not for Byard and Henry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Newest Topics

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...