Browns Hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

AvgJoe

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's like they want to stay bad forever.

What's frightening is that I remember fans on here wanting Bud to sell the team to this POS Haslam so he'd bring in his pal Peyton to run the team....All because of "Tennessee" ties......  

They dodged a bullet by not hiring McDaniels...

Just now, AvgJoe said:

I agree there. To me Saleh was the best candidate followed by Bieniemy and Stefanski for any opening this year. 

No one really knows with these potential head coaches.  Except they do with McDaniels.  We saw what happened when he was with Denver with how he basically ran Cutler out of town.  Then tried to cheat and got caught and ultimately got him fired.  Then was terrible in his one year in St. Louis coordinating without Belichick.  And then we saw how he spurned the Colts a couple of years ago at the last minute.  Why anyone would even interview the guy for an opening is beyond me.  I expected the Browns to hire him because they're the Browns.

Hard to say about these things.  I wasn't really impressed with some of his playcalling in yesterday's loss though.  There's probably going to be more openings than the five  that were there this year though.

My boss, diehard Browns fans, just said he heard the Browns wanted to hire this guy last year but Mayfield pitched a fit and screamed for Kitchens. If true could be why Dorsey got the axe despite doing a great job building the roster.

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

My boss, diehard Browns fans, just said he heard the Browns wanted to hire this guy last year but Mayfield pitched a fit and screamed for Kitchens. If true could be why Dorsey got the axe despite doing a great job building the roster.

That's beyond sad.  I thought BM was the main backer of Kitchens.  It never had any logic.

19 minutes ago, oldschool said:

My boss is a diehard Browns fan too, that’s interesting. He wanted McDaniels bad, curious to see how he likes Stefanski. 

It’s totally pointless to use the coaches track record as a co-ordination to try and predict success as a head coach.

Vrabel had one year as Houston DC and they ranked dead-last in the league.

The two most important thing is (1) having a plan and being on the same page as your GM and (2) being able to identify coaching talent and filling your staff with good coaches.  McDaniels has proven a disaster in these two areas, so they dodged a bullet there.  Kitchens was also a disaster.  Jury is out on Stefanski.

2 minutes ago, Carpy said:

It’s totally pointless to use the coaches track record as a co-ordination to try and predict success as a head coach.

Vrabel had one year as Houston DC and they ranked dead-last in the league.

The two most important thing is (1) having a plan and being on the same page as your GM and (2) being able to identify coaching talent and filling your staff with good coaches.  McDaniels has proven a disaster in these two areas, so they dodged a bullet there.  Kitchens was also a disaster.  Jury is out on Stefanski.

Agreed. But considering its the Browns, it'll likely be the wrong move. Stefanski has a rep for being a run-first guy. Considering who the Browns diva WR are, I could see it being a trainwreck.

3 hours ago, scine09 said:

No one really knows with these potential head coaches.  Except they do with McDaniels.  We saw what happened when he was with Denver with how he basically ran Cutler out of town.  Then tried to cheat and got caught and ultimately got him fired.  Then was terrible in his one year in St. Louis coordinating without Belichick.  And then we saw how he spurned the Colts a couple of years ago at the last minute.  Why anyone would even interview the guy for an opening is beyond me.  I expected the Browns to hire him because they're the Browns.

Don’t forget him cutting Kern.

6 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

They should have hired Robert Saleh IMO. But they will probably be in the market again in another year or two.

Undoubtedly, poor bastards. You almost have to feel sorry for the fans in Cleveland.....:sad: