Jump to content
AvgJoe

Browns Hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

Recommended Posts

Just now, scine09 said:

They dodged a bullet by not hiring McDaniels...

I agree there. To me Saleh was the best candidate followed by Bieniemy and Stefanski for any opening this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AvgJoe said:

I agree there. To me Saleh was the best candidate followed by Bieniemy and Stefanski for any opening this year. 

No one really knows with these potential head coaches.  Except they do with McDaniels.  We saw what happened when he was with Denver with how he basically ran Cutler out of town.  Then tried to cheat and got caught and ultimately got him fired.  Then was terrible in his one year in St. Louis coordinating without Belichick.  And then we saw how he spurned the Colts a couple of years ago at the last minute.  Why anyone would even interview the guy for an opening is beyond me.  I expected the Browns to hire him because they're the Browns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to say about these things.  I wasn't really impressed with some of his playcalling in yesterday's loss though.  There's probably going to be more openings than the five  that were there this year though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My boss, diehard Browns fans, just said he heard the Browns wanted to hire this guy last year but Mayfield pitched a fit and screamed for Kitchens. If true could be why Dorsey got the axe despite doing a great job building the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

My boss, diehard Browns fans, just said he heard the Browns wanted to hire this guy last year but Mayfield pitched a fit and screamed for Kitchens. If true could be why Dorsey got the axe despite doing a great job building the roster.

That's beyond sad.  I thought BM was the main backer of Kitchens.  It never had any logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, oldschool said:

My boss, diehard Browns fans, just said he heard the Browns wanted to hire this guy last year but Mayfield pitched a fit and screamed for Kitchens. If true could be why Dorsey got the axe despite doing a great job building the roster.

My boss is a diehard Browns fan too, that’s interesting. He wanted McDaniels bad, curious to see how he likes Stefanski. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s totally pointless to use the coaches track record as a co-ordination to try and predict success as a head coach.

 

Vrabel had one year as Houston DC and they ranked dead-last in the league.

 

The two most important thing is (1) having a plan and being on the same page as your GM and (2) being able to identify coaching talent and filling your staff with good coaches.  McDaniels has proven a disaster in these two areas, so they dodged a bullet there.  Kitchens was also a disaster.  Jury is out on Stefanski.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carpy said:

It’s totally pointless to use the coaches track record as a co-ordination to try and predict success as a head coach.

 

Vrabel had one year as Houston DC and they ranked dead-last in the league.

 

The two most important thing is (1) having a plan and being on the same page as your GM and (2) being able to identify coaching talent and filling your staff with good coaches.  McDaniels has proven a disaster in these two areas, so they dodged a bullet there.  Kitchens was also a disaster.  Jury is out on Stefanski.

Agreed. But considering its the Browns, it'll likely be the wrong move. Stefanski has a rep for being a run-first guy. Considering who the Browns diva WR are, I could see it being a trainwreck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scine09 said:

No one really knows with these potential head coaches.  Except they do with McDaniels.  We saw what happened when he was with Denver with how he basically ran Cutler out of town.  Then tried to cheat and got caught and ultimately got him fired.  Then was terrible in his one year in St. Louis coordinating without Belichick.  And then we saw how he spurned the Colts a couple of years ago at the last minute.  Why anyone would even interview the guy for an opening is beyond me.  I expected the Browns to hire him because they're the Browns.

Don’t forget him cutting Kern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

They should have hired Robert Saleh IMO. But they will probably be in the market again in another year or two.

 

Undoubtedly, poor bastards. You almost have to feel sorry for the fans in Cleveland.....:sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...