Jonboy

AFC Championship Week: Titans @ Chiefs

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Dan Orvlosky was on with Ross Tucker and he gets it......

He said the Titans are a pass team first and their running game is secondary. He said they get up on you with big pass plays then once they have a lead they pound you with Henry.  Pass to score, run to win. 

In the first half of both playoff games RT has 3 TDs and a 113 passer rating.....

P

The thing you want in the NFL is to have a lead and be in positive down and distance so the defense has to play run. With the defense conflicted between run and pass the combo of Tannehill and Henry is deadly. 

And it's not just running with Henry after Titans get the lead.  Dean Pees leverages the situation on defense too.

1 minute ago, Justafan said:

Chiefs fans are so full of excuses I hope they have all their weapons Sunday so they can stfu when they get blown off the field.  

When we win the game, the national narrative will be the Chiefs and Andy Reid choke in a AFCC game. 

That's okay, we'll know the real reason. 

Just listened to Chris Simms take on the Titans, it's insane how these guys get paid to comment on these games.  Claims KC plays defense similar to the Texan and Saints teams that beat us, where they were able to hold us to under 100 rushing yards.  No shit Henry was hurt during the Texans game and didn't play against the Saints, but no mention of that by Simms.

Derrick Henry is in the zone right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for 200+ yards Sunday.

51 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

Just listened to Chris Simms take on the Titans, it's insane how these guys get paid to comment on these games.  Claims KC plays defense similar to the Texan and Saints teams that beat us, where they were able to hold us to under 100 rushing yards.  No shit Henry was hurt during the Texans game and didn't play against the Saints, but no mention of that by Simms.

Derrick Henry is in the zone right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for 200+ yards Sunday.

I find it strange that Simms became some serious NFL analyst. Guy was a big time bum. 

2 minutes ago, japan said:

I find it strange that Simms became some serious NFL analyst. Guy was a big time bum. 

He does a really good job in a lot of areas but the comment about the Saints holding the Titans to under 100 was pretty bad.

I like watching some of his film break downs though.

7 minutes ago, japan said:

He’s a big time analyst because he looks like a dummy having his shirts buttoned all the way up lmao. Even based his logo on that fact.

What really worries me is the only offense we've played recently that resembles the Chiefs we have been absolutely shredded by (Saints). Never had any answers for their pass happy offense

1 minute ago, Maker84 said:

What really worries me is the only offense we've played recently that resembles the Chiefs we have been absolutely shredded by (Saints). Never had any answers for their pass happy offense

Jackson didn't play in that game.  As much as I worry about his tackling, there's no question that the pass defense is much better where the top 3 are Ryan, Jackson, and now Brock.  Sims and Smith petered out pretty quickly and Kalu is really just a ST guy.

Am I the only one not expecting much from Jayon Brown? I think he's definitely going to tough it out and try to play, but that seemed like a pretty serious injury when it happened. I hope he makes it through the game ok.

This is one of those where you wouldn't be surprised at all if he has offseason surgery.