Jonboy

AFC Championship Week: Titans @ Chiefs

2 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Most of the media's articles about the Titans consists of "fuzzy-analysis."  

This article, for instance, pretends to dig deep into the analysis of the 1st KC-TEN game.  But look at it and it isn't objective at all.  Read "Mistake #2" by the Chiefs:

In other words, if the Titans make a play, it is because Chiefs let them.  The credit (or blame in this case) goes to the Chiefs.  According to the author, the Titans are just some face-less, random team.

"Mistake #3" is NOT written as a strip or forced fumble by the Titans defense.  Nope.  It is simply a fumble by the Chief's RB.  Just a silly-willy mistake.  Oopsie.  

"Mistake #4" is not tackling D. Henry on a long run.  Yeah, I guess many teams have that brain fart while facing the Titans.

"Mistake #6" is LETTING a kick get blocked.  The Titans didn't do anything out of the ordinary on that play.  Nuh-uh.  It was just bad luck for the Chiefs.

Understood. I dont disagree.

I think the summary is spot on though. KC wins this game unless they beat themselves.

Yooooo!

Will be interesting to see how they list Humhries and Brown. We've had a few reports like this recently but then they end up not practicing.

Wait...Logan Ryan?!

Yes, I know it's probably a precaution with Ryan.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Understood. I dont disagree.

I think the summary is spot on though. KC wins this game unless they beat themselves.

I see where you're coming from.  But most games have turning points.  How would the game have turned out if Tannehill didn't fumble?  Same with the HOU-KC game last week:  what happens if the Texans "didn't beat themselves" by allowing the Chiefs back into the game during the 2nd Q?  Using the same logic, the Chiefs didn't do much to earn those points, it was really the Texans making a series of mistakes.  

The point is, some articles are more useful than others.  This Ringer article has an obvious agenda.  

3 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

I see where you're coming from.  But most games have turning points.  How would the game have turned out if Tannehill didn't fumble?  Same with the HOU-KC game last week:  what happens if the Texans "didn't beat themselves" by allowing the Chiefs back into the game during the 2nd Q?  Using the same logic, the Chiefs didn't do much to earn those points, it was really the Texans making a series of mistakes.  

The point is, some articles are more useful than others.  This Ringer article has an obvious agenda.  

Yes good point. I agree Hous handed KC some points. Everything after the first half was a dominating KC tea. It was not a 3 point game.

Edited by AFCWEST

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Yet here we are. Those are stats that just dont matter that much in the new NFL. Mahomes & Co have proved that. Teams try to control the clock. KC 25-8 .

Mahomes 79 tds and only 18 INT.  KC offense does not turn it over much.

Any insight on the run D? strengths? weak links?

This game is a lot tougher b/c the Chiefs lost in the reg. season so nobody on the Chiefs is taking this game lightly.  The only option is sacking and hurting Mahomes.  And BTW, I can't stand the loud mouth Kelce.  Someone needs to light him up again.

4 minutes ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

Any insight on the run D? strengths? weak links?

YES NOT GOOD. Has improved slightly. The pass rush and secondary are a huge improvement. This is not last years overall defense.

Edited by AFCWEST

30 minutes ago, Pok'e said:

This game is a lot tougher b/c the Chiefs lost in the reg. season so nobody on the Chiefs is taking this game lightly.  The only option is sacking and hurting Mahomes.  And BTW, I can't stand the loud mouth Kelce.  Someone needs to light him up again.

Yep thats the key pressure on Mahomes. I think your hurt remark is sad.

I hope Henry and CO stay 100% healthy. To be the best you need to beat the best. 

Fact: Not many teams have been able to do it, he is now healthy and running for big first downs. I dont think Tenn has what it takes to pressure him on a consistent basis and Mahomes numbers against the blitz are very good.

Edited by AFCWEST

LOGAN RYANDB, TENNESSEE TITANS

Titans CB Logan Ryan (illness) was absent for Wednesday's practice.

Ryan's absence would hypothetically be an upgrade for Sammy Watkins in the slot despite the fact the former permitted the most catches (68) and receiving yards (758) from the middle of the field this year. His participation to close the week will be more telling for his availability in Sunday's Conference Championship game against the Chiefs.

Looking over the Texans vs Titans defense.  The Texans gave up over 30% more passing TDs 33 vs 25.   Almost 30% less sacks at 31 vs 43.   The Texans defense in no way compares to the Titans in results.

Statistically, the team close to the Titans on pass defense is the Colts and the Colts probably had the best defense against the Chiefs all season.   The overall defense of Titans is noticeably better in results than Colts.  The Chiefs were missing Hill though. 

Edited by 9 Nines