AFC Championship Week: Titans @ Chiefs

Jonboy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the way, I just want to mention how good it feels to get to experience this with the most hardcore and loyal Titans fans out there that make up this place. We've been through thick and thin here. W

Feels good, man.

Posted Images

Just now, Titans_Win_Again said:

I'm curious to hear more about the Chiefs run D. Football outsiders has them ranked as one of the worst. If that is accurate they are unlikely to win IMO.

The Chiefs will obviously be passing the majority of the time, and a lot more can go wrong when a team is throwing vs running.

Yet here we are. Those are stats that just dont matter that much in the new NFL. Mahomes & Co have proved that. Teams try to control the clock. KC 25-8 .

Mahomes 79 tds and only 18 INT.  KC offense does not turn it over much.

43 minutes ago, TitanHeart2020 said:

Lol you can’t look at that performance through a vacuum.

Yardage is not meaningless..Yardage “TYPICALLY” leads to sustained drives & scoring Points. There’s Definitely exceptions to every Rule (our last 2 playoff wins).

Part of That 100 Passer Rating came from “Yardage” through the Air.

(Lol I hope I’m wrong) To win the Super Bowl though, I think we’re gonna need more out of the Passing Game (180-230 range) that’s not pass happy, its balanced offense.

Lol Heaven forbid Kansas City figures it out( lol doubt it) but if Green Bay/49ers manage to slow Henry Down & get ahead by 2 or more scores we’re gonna need 180-230yrds Passing (& those multiple tds you mentioned) to have a chance.

you defeated your own argument. Yardage given up on defense is a absolutely meaningless when you are playing from behind all game. Using Jackson's 536 combined yards as some sort of indictment against the Titans defense is laughable. Pees scheme is to limit big plays, make you drive the field, and stop you in the redzone. PPG, 3rd down efficiency, turnovers, are much better indicators of quality defense.

All You Need to Know Per The Ringer

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/1/15/21067057/chiefs-titans-49ers-packers-conference-title-game-rematches

Summary: Mahomes’s health gives the Chiefs a bigger advantage than they had last time around. While Tennessee won that game, Kansas City was in command most of the way—it succumbed only after all of its penalties, special teams gaffes, and costly turnovers added up. The Chiefs will be hard to beat if they don’t beat themselves.

Edited by AFCWEST

21 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

All You Need to Know Per The Ringer

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/1/15/21067057/chiefs-titans-49ers-packers-conference-title-game-rematches

Summary: Mahomes’s health gives the Chiefs a bigger advantage than they had last time around. While Tennessee won that game, Kansas City was in command most of the way—it succumbed only after all of its penalties, special teams gaffes, and costly turnovers added up. The Chiefs will be hard to beat if they don’t beat themselves.

Most of the media's articles about the Titans consists of "fuzzy-analysis."  

This article, for instance, pretends to dig deep into the analysis of the 1st KC-TEN game.  But look at it and it isn't objective at all.  Read "Mistake #2" by the Chiefs:

Mistake no. 2: Tannehill’s first four dropbacks lost a net total of 4 yards. On his fifth dropback, he completed a 52-yard deep shot to Titans receiver Kalif Raymond, who sprinted right past Chiefs safety Jordan Lucas.

It’s unclear whether Lucas miscommunicated with his fellow defenders or simply didn’t see Raymond, but regardless, the completion was devastating. The Titans scored a touchdown three plays later to cut their deficit to 10-7.

Giving up a long contested pass to Tennessee’s rookie sensation A.J. Brown would’ve been understandable, but Raymond had just one catch in his previous two seasons entering this game. Kansas City let him more than double his career receiving yardage on one play.

In other words, if the Titans make a play, it is because Chiefs let them.  The credit (or blame in this case) goes to the Chiefs.  According to the author, the Titans are just some face-less, random team.

"Mistake #3" is NOT written as a strip or forced fumble by the Titans defense.  Nope.  It is simply a fumble by the Chief's RB.  Just a silly-willy mistake.  Oopsie.  

"Mistake #4" is not tackling D. Henry on a long run.  Yeah, I guess many teams have that brain fart while facing the Titans.

"Mistake #6" is LETTING a kick get blocked.  The Titans didn't do anything out of the ordinary on that play.  Nuh-uh.  It was just bad luck for the Chiefs.

2 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Most of the media's articles about the Titans consists of "fuzzy-analysis."  

This article, for instance, pretends to dig deep into the analysis of the 1st KC-TEN game.  But look at it and it isn't objective at all.  Read "Mistake #2" by the Chiefs:

In other words, if the Titans make a play, it is because Chiefs let them.  The credit (or blame in this case) goes to the Chiefs.  According to the author, the Titans are just some face-less, random team.

"Mistake #3" is NOT written as a strip or forced fumble by the Titans defense.  Nope.  It is simply a fumble by the Chief's RB.  Just a silly-willy mistake.  Oopsie.  

"Mistake #4" is not tackling D. Henry on a long run.  Yeah, I guess many teams have that brain fart while facing the Titans.

"Mistake #6" is LETTING a kick get blocked.  The Titans didn't do anything out of the ordinary on that play.  Nuh-uh.  It was just bad luck for the Chiefs.

Understood. I dont disagree.

I think the summary is spot on though. KC wins this game unless they beat themselves.

Yooooo!

Will be interesting to see how they list Humhries and Brown. We've had a few reports like this recently but then they end up not practicing.

Wait...Logan Ryan?!

Yes, I know it's probably a precaution with Ryan.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Understood. I dont disagree.

I think the summary is spot on though. KC wins this game unless they beat themselves.

I see where you're coming from.  But most games have turning points.  How would the game have turned out if Tannehill didn't fumble?  Same with the HOU-KC game last week:  what happens if the Texans "didn't beat themselves" by allowing the Chiefs back into the game during the 2nd Q?  Using the same logic, the Chiefs didn't do much to earn those points, it was really the Texans making a series of mistakes.  

The point is, some articles are more useful than others.  This Ringer article has an obvious agenda.  

3 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

I see where you're coming from.  But most games have turning points.  How would the game have turned out if Tannehill didn't fumble?  Same with the HOU-KC game last week:  what happens if the Texans "didn't beat themselves" by allowing the Chiefs back into the game during the 2nd Q?  Using the same logic, the Chiefs didn't do much to earn those points, it was really the Texans making a series of mistakes.  

The point is, some articles are more useful than others.  This Ringer article has an obvious agenda.  

Yes good point. I agree Hous handed KC some points. Everything after the first half was a dominating KC tea. It was not a 3 point game.

Edited by AFCWEST

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Yet here we are. Those are stats that just dont matter that much in the new NFL. Mahomes & Co have proved that. Teams try to control the clock. KC 25-8 .

Mahomes 79 tds and only 18 INT.  KC offense does not turn it over much.

Any insight on the run D? strengths? weak links?

This game is a lot tougher b/c the Chiefs lost in the reg. season so nobody on the Chiefs is taking this game lightly.  The only option is sacking and hurting Mahomes.  And BTW, I can't stand the loud mouth Kelce.  Someone needs to light him up again.

4 minutes ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

Any insight on the run D? strengths? weak links?

YES NOT GOOD. Has improved slightly. The pass rush and secondary are a huge improvement. This is not last years overall defense.

Edited by AFCWEST

30 minutes ago, Pok'e said:

This game is a lot tougher b/c the Chiefs lost in the reg. season so nobody on the Chiefs is taking this game lightly.  The only option is sacking and hurting Mahomes.  And BTW, I can't stand the loud mouth Kelce.  Someone needs to light him up again.

Yep thats the key pressure on Mahomes. I think your hurt remark is sad.

I hope Henry and CO stay 100% healthy. To be the best you need to beat the best. 

Fact: Not many teams have been able to do it, he is now healthy and running for big first downs. I dont think Tenn has what it takes to pressure him on a consistent basis and Mahomes numbers against the blitz are very good.

Edited by AFCWEST

• Jonboy unpinned this topic