AFC Championship Week: Titans @ Chiefs

Jonboy

8 minutes ago, oldschool said:

True but it's more about not giving up big plays in the passing game. a 10 yard Henry run is way better than a 40 ayrd pass play. The problem is that Henry could take one to the house.

I think Henry will take one to the house. Balt had 536 yards last game vs Tenn despite Henry going off. . Mahomes passed for 446 last game vs Tenn with a knee brace. Henry had 188 yards and still KC had plenty of possessions to put up points. Seems like KC settled for 4 or 5 field goals. This is why I am not concerned about stopping Henry or Tannehill. They both can put up good numbers. Will they out score KC?

Im sure Tenn feels their defense is better now. Well so does KC.  Truth is both Ds are still not much better than average.

If Tenn does not get pressure on Mahomes this will be a shoot out if not a blow out. 

Edited by AFCWEST

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the way, I just want to mention how good it feels to get to experience this with the most hardcore and loyal Titans fans out there that make up this place. We've been through thick and thin here. W

Feels good, man.

Posted Images

On 1/15/2020 at 10:39 AM, Mythos27 said:

I'll go out of my way to watch it and then annoyingly post about it as if I'm the biggest total recall fan ever.  

The same guy that wrote the book is the same guy that wrote the book that became Bladerunner (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?) Philip K. Dick. And others. Man in the High Castle, Minority Report....

Total Recall has two versions (1990,2012) but the 1990 is a true sci-fi classic, and one of Schwarzenegger’s best. It was an exciting summer blockbuster, and per usual with Philip K. Dick, it has a mind twister element for the viewer. 

Edited by GLinks

15 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Well I guess KC is frauds then? They just arent good enough to outscore Tenn. Dont have any decent players on defense. 

KC had a 153 point differential in their wins and lost by one score in their losses. They beat the running VIKINGS with a their 3rd string back up QB that was coaching high school football 10 weeks earlier. Also that third string QB almost, should have, beat Green Bay another good running team.

The team with the most points wins. Thats the game plan. Score 1 more point than Tenn.

Not a fraud at all, my friend. It’s clear the two best teams are here but I just have the opinion that the specific type of defensive strategy that NE deployed can’t be as fully executed by KC in this instance - especially with Thornhill out. If I’m wrong, I’ll fully eat that good crow. 

8 minutes ago, Bulluck4dmvp said:

Not a fraud at all, my friend. It’s clear the two best teams are here but I just have the opinion that the specific type of defensive strategy that NE deployed can’t be as fully executed by KC in this instance - especially with Thornhill out. If I’m wrong, I’ll fully eat that good crow. 

I dont see KC trying that.  KC will play their game. KC defense has a strong pass rush even with Jones out. KC has a good pass defense.  The game is get a few negative stops and create a few third and longs. Then pressure the QB. Try and hold Tenn to field goals in the Red Zone. I dont think KC is worried to much about giving up a big play or playing one score behind. 

I also think Tenn will be difficult to beat if they get up by two scores. Not impossible but not Houston.

I dont think the Tenn Defense can hold KC under 35 points.

Edited by AFCWEST

18 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think Henry will take one to the house. Balt had 536 yards last game vs Tenn despite Henry going off. . Mahomes passed for 446 last game vs Tenn with a knee brace. Henry had 188 yards and still KC had plenty of possessions to put up points. Seems like KC settled for 4 or 5 field goals. This is why I am not concerned about stopping Henry or Tannehill. They both can put up good numbers. Will they out score KC?

Im sure Tenn feels their defense is better now. Well so does KC.  Truth is both Ds are still not much better than average.

If Tenn does not get pressure on Mahomes this will be a shoot out if not a blow out. 

You didn't watch the game did you? The 536 yards were a total mirage as the Titans were up big most of the game and were content to let the Ravens complete passes in the middle of the field.

8 minutes ago, oldschool said:

You didn't watch the game did you? The 536 yards were a total mirage as the Titans were up big most of the game and were content to let the Ravens complete passes in the middle of the field.

Yes I did and re-watched. Yards not a mirage. Jackson , only I can do it, was the issue. 3 turnovers and two stops on 4th down. Yes some was garbage time but 536? Play that defense scheme against Mahomes and it will be devastating even if KC is coming from behind. I dont think Tenn can hold KC under 35. I do think Tenn can score 35. Should be a great offensive game.

Edited by AFCWEST

5 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes I did and re-watched. Yards not a mirage. Jackson , only I can do it, was the issue. 3 turnovers and two stops on 4th down. Yes some was garbage time but 536? Play that defense scheme against Mahomes and it will be devastating even if KC is coming from behind. I dont think Tenn can hold KC under 35. I do think Tenn can score 35. Should be a great offensive game.

If the Titans get up two scores early I promise you they will play back and force the Chiefs to drive the field. the 536 yards were absolutely a mirage.

15 hours ago, oldschool said:

Yardage is meaningless. Tannehill had a 100 passer rating last game and threw multiple TDs.

Lol you can’t look at that performance through a vacuum.

Yardage is not meaningless..Yardage “TYPICALLY” leads to sustained drives & scoring Points. There’s Definitely exceptions to every Rule (our last 2 playoff wins).

Part of That 100 Passer Rating came from “Yardage” through the Air.

(Lol I hope I’m wrong) To win the Super Bowl though, I think we’re gonna need more out of the Passing Game (180-230 range) that’s not pass happy, its balanced offense.

Lol Heaven forbid Kansas City figures it out( lol doubt it) but if Green Bay/49ers manage to slow Henry Down & get ahead by 2 or more scores we’re gonna need 180-230yrds Passing (& those multiple tds you mentioned) to have a chance.

Edited by TitanHeart2020

• Jonboy unpinned this topic