AFC Championship Week: Titans @ Chiefs

Jonboy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the way, I just want to mention how good it feels to get to experience this with the most hardcore and loyal Titans fans out there that make up this place. We've been through thick and thin here. W

Feels good, man.

Posted Images

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Titans should be very confident going into this match up. Forget the talking heads. Thats about ratings and BS. Both defenses have holes. Both offenses have an approach that is formidable. Should be a fantastic battle.

Yeah, to me these are probably at this point the two best teams in the AFC, maybe even the whole league.  Obviously Baltimore has an argument but it’s tough to make that argument when you lost by 16 at home in a game that wasn’t even that close.

From Oddshark: https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/tennessee-kansas-city-betting-2020-01-19-1234560

Like, literally what are they smoking over there? They said in their analysis that they think Henry is carrying it too much and it's unsustainable. Lol, in the playoffs? He didn't carry it a lot in his career yet compared to other guys who got used up. 

If I was writing a "how they win" article, it wouldn't be about Chiefs sacking Tannehill. It would be -- how do you stop Henry? If the Chiefs want to win, they need to improve the defense that allowed 24 points in the 1st quarter. If the Titans go up 24 pts in the first quarter, you can kiss that game goodbye. 

During the regular season, only 4 other teams allowed more rushing yards than the Chiefs. Only 6 other teams allowed more rushing TDs. 

image.png

1 minute ago, SleepingTitan said:

From Oddshark: https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/tennessee-kansas-city-betting-2020-01-19-1234560

Like, literally what are they smoking over there? They said in their analysis that they think Henry is carrying it too much and it's unsustainable. Lol, in the playoffs? He didn't carry it a lot in his career yet compared to other guys who got used up. 

If I was writing a "how they win" article, it wouldn't be about Chiefs sacking Tannehill. It would be -- how do you stop Henry? If the Chiefs want to win, they need to improve the defense that allowed 24 points in the 1st quarter. If the Titans go up 24 pts in the first quarter, you can kiss that game goodbye. 

During the regular season, only 4 other teams allowed more rushing yards than the Chiefs. Only 6 other teams allowed more rushing TDs. 

image.png

Good points and the 24 the Texans got were KC making huge mistakes on special teams and one long pass play. I think the Tenn defense is not that much better than the Tex defense so this should be a shoot out. Who cares what those twits think.

6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Good points and the 24 the Texans got were KC making huge mistakes on special teams and one long pass play. I think the Tenn defense is not that much better than the Tex defense so this should be a shoot out. Who cares what those twits think.

It's just crazy to me that people get paid to write such poor bologna. 

2 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Their rushing defense was 26th and they give up 4.9 YPC.

More like #3 from the bottom. 

As far as their rushing defense stats, Henry is unlike any other back in the league. It's almost like these stats don't pertain to him. 

A team will come in thinking they can stop him, and he will put up 150+ on them. It's crazy.

The playoffs are just a different beast. Here’s what I think happens. Chiefs stop Henry, somehow someway. So to me Tannehill has to step up have a big game. The Pats and Ravens has top defenses and couldn’t stop Henry, while chiefs defense is bad which means they’ll step up with the intensity beefed up. Guys just step up knowing what’s at stake. 

Are there any good film breakdowns of what actually happened to the Texans? I saw something where someone was talking about all the things a defense can do to slow down a high powered offense and how the Texans... did none of it. Total collapse.

Trying to figure out what the Texans actually did wrong. 

I'm not willing to say that either team has to do _________ or else they'll win/lose. Most analytics get blown to hell in the playoffs because the data used isn't as relevant. There isn't nearly enough useful quantity of data for playoff football situations (and the league changes so much year to year). 

Everyone agreed that the Titans couldn't win in Baltimore with Tannehill throwing for fewer than 100 yards again. Wrong. We wouldn't be able to stop Lamar Jackson, we'd just have to contain him. Wrong again. I don't know what will happen, but I no longer assume that anything is a must. KC may put up 50 and force us to keep pace, or may may also shut down their passing game and tighten up in the redzone, as we have with every other team. I remember seeing the Giants shut down the historically prolific Pats offense, and I saw the Ravens shut down Oakland with Gannon, and I saw the Titans last week call into question the entire offensive scheme of Baltimore.

So while logically it's hard to imagine, we very well may be able to shut down KC and run all over them. We could simply dominate them. I'm not betting on it, but I wouldn't put it past this team.

Just now, reo said:

Are there any good film breakdowns of what actually happened to the Texans? I saw something where someone was talking about all the things a defense can do to slow down a high powered offense and how the Texans... did none of it. Total collapse.

Trying to figure out what the Texans actually did wrong. 

Nothing. Chiefs were killing themselves with drops. Once those drops started becoming catches their corners couldn’t contain Kelce. 

Just now, Stan said:

Nothing. Chiefs were killing themselves with drops. Once those drops started becoming catches their corners couldn’t contain Kelce. 

That's lazy analysis.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic