Jeff Fisher Talks Titans/Ravens

Jonboy

2 minutes ago, Pok'e said:

You hope everyone dies!  Does this include your family?

I did inherit some land that recently sold that wouldn't have made it to me if a few people were still alive

Know what I mean?

And no I don't hope everyone dies

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope Arians dies

I give this interview a 7 out of 9.

I'm conflicted........Bruce Arians did bash no huddle/get the play from cue cards on the sidelines QB's before the 2015 NFL Draft

For Marcus Mariota, the issue isn't really the arm. It might not be the frame. It probably isn't the legs and certainly isn't the brain. The issue isn't even really the option plays, the scrambling or the wide-open, freewheeling Oregon playbook itself.

Mariota's issues are all in the cards.

"So many times, you are evaluating a quarterback who has never called a play, who has never used a snap count," Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said at the NFL combine when asked about the perils of projecting a college quarterback to the pros. "They hold up a card on the sideline, he kicks his foot and throws the ball."

Arians made no secret of how he felt about that no-huddle play-calling style. "That ain't playing quarterback," he said. "There's no leadership there."

I don't think you shorten the game by running the ball. If you have it for 6 mins and score, then they have it for 2 mins and score -- the shit starts to get unbalanced. Eventually your defense loses courage. 

You match fire with fire. When they score, you score quicker than them when it's your turn. In the 2nd half, you start pounding the run AND scoring. They start panicking and make a mistake. 

17 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

I don't think you shorten the game by running the ball. If you have it for 6 mins and score, then they have it for 2 mins and score -- the shit starts to get unbalanced. Eventually your defense loses courage. 

You match fire with fire. When they score, you score quicker than them when it's your turn. In the 2nd half, you start pounding the run AND scoring. They start panicking and make a mistake. 

25 years later, he still wants to run the ball and kick FGs. He always misses out on the run AND scoring part.

1 hour ago, Btowner said:

25 years later, he still wants to run the ball and kick FGs. He always misses out on the run AND scoring part.

That was exact same thought I had.  I like Fisher.  BUT he didn't learn shit about modern NFL football and the Rams disaster and still clings to that 1985 Bears offense mentality.

36 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

In fairness, Fisher said give it to Henry and shorten the game.  He never said anything about FG's.

Ironically, I bet the Titans ride Henry in the game.

True. He didn't say anything about scoring either. So, I took the gratuitous cheap shot for a laugh.