• Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Other

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its the playoff losses. Honestly I don't care about the Colts or Jags at all. The Texans are really only relevant because the Titans were the Oilers. For me its the Ravens followed by the Steelers.

2000 hands down. I was at the game. 2008 sucked but it was a little easier to swallow because CJ got hurt and Collins did what he needed to do to win that game, Crumpler and White blew it with fumbles

I just don't see the Colts being a primary rival at all. For a long stretch they were the best team in the division and there really wasn't as much animosity toward a team that was dominating the divi

It's way easier to hate the Ravens than the Colts. You have to be kidding. The Colts are as generic and bland as it gets even when they were really good. I'm not going to hate a team simply because they're good. 

It's probably Jacksonville and you could make a case for Houston but it absolutely should be Baltimore. The NFL royally fucked up in their realignment by placing these two teams outside of the same division.

Edited by Hyperion

For me it’s between Jacksonville and Houston but if I had to pick one it’s likely Jacksonville.  The Ravens and Steelers have been in different divisions now for 17 years and the Titans play them once every 3 years and sometimes more.  But not twice a year.

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

For me it’s between Jacksonville and Houston but if I had to pick one it’s likely Jacksonville.  The Ravens and Steelers have been in different divisions now for 17 years and the Titans play them once every 3 years and sometimes more.  But not twice a year.

Its the playoff losses. Honestly I don't care about the Colts or Jags at all. The Texans are really only relevant because the Titans were the Oilers. For me its the Ravens followed by the Steelers.

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I don't care about the Colts at all.  They're way down on the list of teams I hate.  The Texans for the same reason as you.  But the Jaguars I feel like in many ways are similar to the Titans in that, yeah, they don't have the longevity, but I feel like when people think of the Titans the one team they also think of is the Jaguars.  I remember when the Jaguars almost went to the Super Bowl two years ago it was brutal.  I don't think I've ever been a bigger NE fan than I was that day.

The Steelers are annoying more because their fans are annoying than anything else.  Not being from Houston and not caring about what happened to the Oilers in the 70's because I wasn't born yet, it's hard for me to be upset about some missed call in 1979 (although it would be nice if the Titans weren't one of just 12 franchises now without a SB win).  And the Ravens are an annoying franchise, no doubt about it.  I can see why Titans fans would hate them above others.

Edited by scine09

10 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The Ravens are public enemy #1 for Titans fans. They stole 2 Superbowl titles from the Titans in 00 and 08. No one else was going to be able to beat the Titans either year.

Until something crazy happens, Ravens will always be the most hated team for the hardcore long-time Titan fan.The two games were complete farces. Their teams are always extremely easy to hate and their fans/city are absolute trash.That's why if the Titans win Saturday and end a #1 seed Ravens team it'll be beyond sweet. I don't think it's a guarantee at all that the Titans would have beat Pittsburgh again in 2008 though. Final score of the regular season game was a tad deceptive and it's always easier to win the first game than the second IMO.

2 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

Until something crazy happens, Ravens will always be the most hated team for the hardcore long-time Titan fan.The two games were complete farces. Their teams are always extremely easy to hate and their fans/city are absolute trash.That's why if the Titans win Saturday and end a #1 seed Ravens team it'll be beyond sweet. I don't think it's a guarantee at all that the Titans would have beat Pittsburgh again in 2008 though. Final score of the regular season game was a tad deceptive and it's always easier to win the first game than the second IMO.

I think that would be an interesting poll question.  What was worse, 2000 or 2008?  For me it was 2008 because I cared more than I did in 2000.  But I'd imagine for most Titans fans it would be 2000.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

I think that would be an interesting poll question.  What was worse, 2000 or 2008?  For me it was 2008 because I cared more than I did in 2000.  But I'd imagine for most Titans fans it would be 2000.

For the game itself 2008. In terms of macro big picture, it's 2000.  2000 was a fluke as well though, as the field goal kicker single handily did us in.

6 minutes ago, scine09 said:

2000 hands down. I was at the game. 2008 sucked but it was a little easier to swallow because CJ got hurt and Collins did what he needed to do to win that game, Crumpler and White blew it with fumbles.

Just now, Hyperion said:

For the game itself 2008. In terms of macro big picture, it's 2000.  2000 was a fluke as well though, as the field goal kicker single handily did us in.

I think the 2008 season was probably more of a fluke overall because that team faded quickly.  The 2000 Titans were built to last.  For that reason alone 2008 was tougher because if Johnson stays healthy they had a real chance to win the SB even if they'd faltered the next year.  I think most people thought the Titans were going to be fine after 2000.  They were among the favorites going into 2001 and 2003.

Ravens are probably the most hated for most long term Titans fans (20 years, so I can say that now).

But primary rivals? That'd have to be the Colts.

2008 was over 10 yrs ago guys... 2000? Shit. A lot of Titans fans might've been too young to really remember it.

Edited by reo

Here's another interesting thing.  I think the Titans are easily the most hated team in the division by other fans.  We know that the Titans are the Jaguars primary rival and the Jaguars fans hate the Titans.  Texans fans hate the Titans probably more than any other team because of the Houston connection.  I don't think the hatred is the same among Colts fans but if 2/3 of fan bases hate the Titans more than the other franchises it makes them the most hated team in the division.