Going to be interesting to see whether JRob can agree a long term extension with Henry this offseason, there is no doubt he has become part of the fabric of this franchise now, he might be the most marketable face of this current team, he is also worshiped by the fan base.

There is also little doubt his Agents are going to be pushing for top of the market RB money.

At what price point does he price himself out of a long term contract at the Titans.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

He's going to want to be the highest paid back in the league. I'm guessing they will ask for a 4 year $60M type deal with 1/4 in SB. Leveon Bell got a 4 year $52M deal with $8M up front after sitting out for a year. 

Henry's durability and ability to take a team on his back put him at a higher level. 

This has obviously been a point of discussion all season.   Think back to those the conversations 2-3 weeks ago and what people thought he was worth then.

After winning the rushing crown and then last night's performance, you can add a good $1-2M/year to that number....so probably $13-14M/year.

If he carries the Titans to a SB championship, go ahead and add another million ($15M/year).

JRob does have the option of using the franchise tag....but I'm sure both sides would prefer a 4+ year deal.

They need to do whatever it takes to keep him around. Everyone minimizes the importance of running backs but sometimes there are players that stand out. If he leaves the Titans, I think it'd set the organization back for a few years.

10 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

Transition him, let him get his value from other teams, then resign him. Everyone wins in that scenario. 

So what advantage does that give us?  Hey, set your market value at $15 mil a year and then we will sign you.  Makes more sense to see if he will take a mil or so less first.  Heck, we can franchise him and pay him $11 so there is some leverage with the franchise tag possibility.  See if we can meet him somewhere in the middle.    If he wants to stay in TN he will work with us some.  If we have to franchise him it puts him at risk if he gets injured or we at least have the option of trading him for some value.  

I dont know what you pay him but you are expecting ALOT  if you think anything other than MAYYYYYBE one more year with this level of domination from him. 

I think you sign I'm to a 4 year deal. Cut-able after 3. Probably 30-35 guaranteed. 14-15 per year. I could see something similar to the overall numbers we gave CJ. 4 years ~55 million. 

Rather than take the easy prediction, I think we make him the highest paid RB and he continues to produce at a high level for many more seasons! 

(To the future thread necromancers, serve my crow here if need be!)