Tannehill Played like....

lazyLurker

Crap today..  And it's not because he  contributed to  less than 100  yards of offense to this win. With what Bellicheck cooked up, he was not going to get more than 130 yards this game no matter what. All he had to do was be patient in this game and he failed.  His job today as to  be a good game manager and make the solid decisions with the football.  When he threw the ball  away to avoid that first sack, I thought that he got the memo, but the interception he threw was one of the worst that could possibly have been thrown in a game like this.   

Anybody  observing this game and that has watched Bill Bellicheck in the past knew what was going on.  His strategic philosophy is to take away what he believes is your best strength. When you looked at the line of scrimmage,  you  can see that Bellicheck made the conscious decision that he was  not going to let Tannehill beat  them  through the air, even if it meant giving up  yards to  henry in  pretty big chunks on the ground. Tannehill  should have just taken the compliment and let henry continue to make them pay for that decision.

I was quite  shocked that Bill took this route...  I personally would have  deployed  the "Super Bowl Run D" that they used on the Rams and deployed it for the entire game.  I would have then put Gilmore on the rookie, and dared Cory Davis to show up.

I won't know for certain until the coaches film of all of his drop backs are posted, but man, next  weeks game against the Ravens may be brutal.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I am TN I go after Brady with a three year deal.............I'd let 17 go.

Belichick’s primary concern was stopping the Titans big plays from the playaction passing game. He had constant pressure on RT and never let him get set   Yea Henry ran wild but I’ve said ma

Lol @titanruss telling us about QB play.  Who”s next?  @scine09 ?  ????

He managed a game where we ran heavily, limited total possessions, and won. Windows were incredibly tight and he made throws when he need to. Not 100% sure that pick was on him either; I thought Davis ran the wrong. Didn’t force anything and actually gave Davis an incredible ball he couldn’t pull in on his only deep attempt (that I remember). The fumbles were bad but he recovered and no harm was done; in that manner, he looked better avoiding the rush today than normal (not that he was good, but still better). 

I preferred what we did compared to having him try to air it out to a young receiving corps that wasn’t getting separation.

The INT was ugly but there are much worse ones you can throw (even besides the obvious pick 6). For instance, it gave the Pats the ball at their 41 - decent field position for them and much better than what Kern was giving them, but it's still not automatic points by any means (and wasn't in this case).

He's got to play a lot better next week and the plan has got to be better than run-run-pass.

29 minutes ago, titanruss said:

what the what???

how the fuck is anyone not 100% sure that pick was on him?  he floated it 15 yards too short. he threw it up for grabs off his back foot into double coverage while getting hit. 

he freaked the hell out on that play. 

its OK to say he played poorly today.. because he did. He played amazingly well to get us to this point. But you cant deny that today he shat the bed most of the game. He fumbled 2x, he threw a terrible pick, he was way off on some sideline passes, he had trouble getting to the line in time, he changed the plays late, and he held the ball too long multiple times. 

if mariota was starting and did that, this game would have gotten the most staunch of mariota supporters a lot of complaints. 

that said, he scored early and picked up a couple of crucial conversions with his legs and arm late.  this game looked a lot like mariotas games recently and a lot like what happens when  a defense figures the QB out. hopefully... hopefully this is an anomaly. hopefully, the playcalling and top notch HC/defense affected his play. 

... but ravens D is every bit as good. 

It wasn't into double coverage. It was underthrown and floated which gave the Safety time to get over and make the INT. It wasn't a bad decision. He had Davis one on one up the sideline and was going to give his guy a chance. He simply didn't get his feet set and the ball was underthrown as a result. Good decision but poor execution.

Just now, Supdawg said:

I thought he played okay given the circumstances. 

He only threw 15 passes and made multiple clutch throws on 3rd down including the TD to Firkser and the other pass to Firkser with about 3 mins left that all but sealed the game. The INT is a throw he's made all year but he simply didn't get enough on it which makes it look way worse. The only real knock was the fumbled snap imo.