Titans Must Extend or Franchise Tag Jack Conklin

tgo

7 hours ago, ctm said:

Clowney is a pipe dream.  Not happening.  The Titans will be lucky to afford RT, Henry and Conklin.  JRob will want to roll over cap space (20M this year) into 2021 because he has 5 significant contracts to deal with that year.  He'll also needs cap space for the practice squad, players who go on IR, sign the draft class, and to sign a few depth players to fill out the roster.  Hard choices lie ahead, not signing expensive free agents.

That’s why you build through the draft. Reese tried to keep the ‘99-2000 team together after the Super Bowl run and it ultimately didn’t happen and we had to blow up the entire team. You can’t keep everybody.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Must be retained.   

I wonder why.

Tagging him would be foolish.  They would have to pay him like a top 5 left tackle.

17 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

That’s why you build through the draft. Reese tried to keep the ‘99-2000 team together after the Super Bowl run and it ultimately didn’t happen and we had to blow up the entire team. You can’t keep everybody.

True enough.  But its going to be a heavy lift this year, imo, with 18 unrestricted free agents and only 5 draft picks.

9 hours ago, ctm said:

True enough.  But its going to be a heavy lift this year, imo, with 18 unrestricted free agents and only 5 draft picks.

Definitely will be a challenge for Robinson. I assume we’ll get some compensatory picks depending on who we lose. I’m afraid Ryan might be a casualty and I think he’s very underrated in terms of what contributes. He’s been solid in the slot.

6 hours ago, freakingeek said:

Definitely will be a challenge for Robinson. I assume we’ll get some compensatory picks depending on who we lose. I’m afraid Ryan might be a casualty and I think he’s very underrated in terms of what contributes. He’s been solid in the slot.

Compensatory picks won't be until 2021, if then.

6 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Bulaga is a comparable player as Conklin but is over 30.  They could sign him for less on a shorter deal.

I'm just not sure people understand how important RT is.  And what a luxury it is to have a guy as good as Conklin.

Even a good rookie is going to suck early on.  Good chance of it.   And Kelly is not the answer for more than a game or two.

Now I'm not sure what tard pill Bongo took to want to let Tannehill go.  IMO it all starts with him.  I'd let Henry walk before Tannehill.

And no way in hell I want Brady at his age.   There is a damn good reason BB doesn't bring Brady back if that is the case.

If the Patriots move on from Brady without a real viable guy to step in that should tell you something.

I'm sure JRob has a plan in mind and we certainly don't want the team blown up when we finally look like we can complete.  

Tannehill has been a perfect fit in this offense as have Henry and Conklin this year.  To think you can just start shuffling the deck and get as good of a hand is stupid.

Because Conklin struggled as a rookie. Tannehill is replaceable.   And if you would rather have Tannehill over Henry, you are an idiot!  

4 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Because Conklin struggled as a rookie. Tannehill is replaceable.   And if you would rather have Tannehill over Henry, you are an idiot!  

Conklin struggled as a rookie? Or were you being tongue in cheek?