Texans Week: Titans 4.5 point favorites (update -8.0)

SleepingTitan

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they can't win vs mostly HOU backups then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Is there any chance in a week 17 win and in scenario that Tanny practices half the week, suddenly sees his own DR and then bitches out of the must win game and claims he has so many injuries his caree

Posted Images

Like I said at the start of this thread, if they start Watson I’m sending the house every play in the first series regardless if I give up a big play. Show them from the first snap that they’re risking his health for a game that does nothing to help them. 

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Like I said at the start of this thread, if they start Watson I’m sending the house every play in the first series regardless if I give up a big play. Show them from the first snap that they’re risking his health for a game that does nothing to help them. 

If they start him I’m hitting him hard and late if I have to. Take the penalty. Injure Watson. Idgaf. 

IMO this is a ridiculous strategy. To possibly give up a quick score and give them a cushion so they can then put in a backup later and still win the game?  Football coaches usually don't respond to a game of "chicken" by backing off. Better to make the game difficult and not worth it By controlling it.

Besides it not being a good idea I think this hit them late and I don't care about the penalties doesn't belong in sports anymore. What if Texas didn't care about the game and chose to take out Tannehill for the playoffs? How would you feel about that?

1 hour ago, JT2000 said:

IMO this is a ridiculous strategy. To possibly give up a quick score and give them a cushion so they can then put in a backup later and still win the game?  Football coaches usually don't respond to a game of "chicken" by backing off. Better to make the game difficult and not worth it By controlling it.

Besides it not being a good idea I think this hit them late and I don't care about the penalties doesn't belong in sports anymore. What if Texas didn't care about the game and chose to take out Tannehill for the playoffs? How would you feel about that?

If Vrabel was that stupid to let Tannehill play then I don’t think most fans would care. That’s the part of football sportsmanship

Would have to think if Adoree and Humphries can't practice Thursday they won't be available to play against the Texans, also hoping Davis continues to progress through the concussion protocol.

One thing that was good news from the first injury report of the week is Jonnu Smith isn't even on it with that knee injury that limited him late in the game against the Saints.

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Would have to think if Adoree and Humphries can't practice Thursday they won't be available to play against the Texans, also hoping Davis continues to progress through the concussion protocol.

One thing that was good news from the first injury report of the week is Jonnu Smith isn't even on it with that knee injury that limited him late in the game against the Saints.

Dion Lewis off the report entirely as well. 

8 hours ago, Stan said:

If Vrabel was that stupid to let Tannehill play then I don’t think most fans would care. That’s the part of football sportsmanship

Sorry but I disagree. Maybe it was once, but not anymore.

8 hours ago, Stan said:

I left out something in my reply I think you missed in the original post. My meaning was not, what if the team roles were reversed.  It was what if Texas decided to use the strategy to take out Tannehill in THIS game? 

Do you think that this strategy is appropriate in EVERY game or just in games that "don't matter"?  

Texans might not rest everyone, but they could do what the Colts did in a near-identical situation for the 2007 season finale vs the Titans.  

With the division already wrapped up, the Colts used a conservative preseason-type approach. They rested anyone who was nursing any minor injury; other starters (including Peyton) only played a couple series  before taking the rest of the night off...and the Titans won it to seal a wildcard spot. 

6 minutes ago, nine said:

Texans might not rest everyone, but they could do what the Colts did in a near-identical situation for the 2007 season finale vs the Titans.  

With the division already wrapped up, the Colts used a conservative preseason-type approach. They rested anyone who was nursing any minor injury; other starters (including Peyton) only played a couple series  before taking the rest of the night off...and the Titans won it to seal a wildcard spot. 

I was there - last ever regular season home game at the RCA dome. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic