Star wars Rise of Skywalker (Spoilers)

oldschool

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was the worry. TFA was an empty ANH clone. And that was apparently the best Disney could do. Maybe Rian Johnson fucked things up to the point where it couldn't legitimately be brought back, no ma

Nah.   This was significantly better in nearly every aspect and that's despite trying to wipe Rian's ass after the whopper turd that Last Jedi was. Still imperfect but absolutely adequate. I

Instead of blaming one person here, I think you have to blame the process. Changing directors midstream was a terrible idea and they should not have brought JJ in if he wasn't going to commit to all t

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
20 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/09/star-wars-editor-slams-disney-films-jj-abrams-1234666134/

This would be a re-heated nothing burger coming from anyone else. But she worked on the original trilogy and she's George's ex-wife. 

It's pretty obvious they had no clue what to do

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

The Mandalorian is a pretty good show. A lot more Star Wars-esque than the sequels could hope to be. But I seriously hope that they don't try to connect it directly to the sequels and box the series into a retarded corner.

What I'm hoping for is that the Mando and Ahsoka shows combine to create an environment for a new sequel trilogy that overwrites that abominable drek. Maybe it could just be a bad dream Luke has one night. Which could be how they start off the trailer for the new film 

Any sequel trilogy already has a character ready-made to be the main villain in Admiral Thrawn, with Moff Gideon playing his right hand man. There are a ton of interesting and/or compelling characters to work with to make a different sequel trilogy: Luke, Ahsoka, Thrawn, Gideon, Ezra, Grogu, Mando, Boba Fett, Fennec Shand, the sherif of that desert town (Timothy Olyphant's character), etc. etc They could even bring Mace Windu back if they wanted. I would love to see an older, more grizzled, less dogmatic Mace Windu. Bring a little more 'mothafuckah' into the role.

If only Disney and Kennedy would get out of the way. Let Filoni and Favreau take the reigns, with George Lucas being more involved.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

The problem is they let various people randomly decide what to do and no one had any vision to keep the story moving cohesively together. Abrams and Rian Johnson shouldn’t both have been doing separate movies. They need one person in charge of the whole trilogy.

7 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The problem is they let various people randomly decide what to do and no one had any vision to keep the story moving cohesively together. Abrams and Rian Johnson shouldn’t both have been doing separate movies. They need one person in charge of the whole trilogy.

Kinda like how Marvel has Kevin Feige

19 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

If only Disney and Kennedy would get out of the way. Let Filoni and Favreau take the reigns, with George Lucas being more involved.

I know the Lucas thing isn't happening but I thought it was confirmed that Filoni was going to be much much more hands on with Star Wars going forward, who knows if that was just in relation to some of the new shows though

46 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I know the Lucas thing isn't happening but I thought it was confirmed that Filoni was going to be much much more hands on with Star Wars going forward, who knows if that was just in relation to some of the new shows though

Idk what the plans are. I've heard similar things. I wouldn't put Filoni in Kathleen Kennedy's role because that's more of an executive role and I think Filoni would prefer to stay in a creative role. Favreau might be a better fit for Kennedy's position, but who knows?