Titans Playoff Scenarios: Win and We’re In

Jonboy

4 hours ago, Ricky said:

Take care of business or don’t belong. Should have beaten them in Nashville . And we’re driving in fourth quarter before the hit on Raymond against saints. 

Yeah, Raymond was knocked out cold and that piece of utter shit Rodney Harrison said it was a clean hit and that he should have held onto the ball. 

God damn piece of shit. 

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anddddddd we have ourselves a moron.

This “season is over” stuff is ridiculous. 

I don’t get people not wanting the playoffs. We are far from perfect. And I don’t expect to make noise in the playoffs. But we’ve been there exactly 1 time in the past decade. Give me playoffs and the

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

The NFL Playoffs are made up of a total of 12 teams. The NFL Playoff Bracket is made up of 6 teams from the AFC and 6 Teams from the NFC. There are four divisions in each conference, the winner of each division will automatically qualify for the playoffs. ... The two highest seeded teams from each conference get byes.

Just googled this. When I first questioned this, @Old School said I was wrong and I apologized. So if I read this right, the division winner gets in NO MATTER what their record is, or am I wrong again? 

Yes they get in no matter what. The Seahawks got in at 7-9 a few years back and beat a damn good Saints team. Another part of it is they’re guaranteed a home playoff game. That year the 7-9 team hosted the 11-5 team. 

12 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

The NFL Playoffs are made up of a total of 12 teams. The NFL Playoff Bracket is made up of 6 teams from the AFC and 6 Teams from the NFC. There are four divisions in each conference, the winner of each division will automatically qualify for the playoffs. ... The two highest seeded teams from each conference get byes.

Just googled this. When I first questioned this, @Old School said I was wrong and I apologized. So if I read this right, the division winner gets in NO MATTER what their record is, or am I wrong again? 

In your ripe old age of 1000 you still don’t know who gets in and how?

3 hours ago, OzTitan said:

Division winner is also based on overall record and not their 6 game record against teams in the division. IIRC this was a point of confusion for Joel before.

It truly is astonishing how someone can constantly show their face after being so obvious about how fucking stupid they are

3 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Yeah, it went on to say you could lose every game in your division and still be the division winner. That's crazy.

Not crazy at all.  The team that wins the most games wins the division...period.  If two teams are tied,  division record is one of the primary tiebreakers.  

Division/conference record makes sense for college football, where most of the schedule is in-conference games.     

But in the NFL, there are only 6 division games in a 16-game schedule;  it doesn’t make sense to have the final rankings based on only 40% of the schedule.  

(One could make the argument that rankings should be based on conference record, and it’s also an important tiebreaker...but with two separate conferences and eight divisions total, the NFL came up with current system as a way of handling both.)

• Jonboy unpinned this topic

Sidenote: Off chance we could lose this week... make the playoffs anyway... and go back to Houston the next week.

Very unlikely but it's possible.

We'd have to lose. Pitt loses to a resting Balt, Indy loses to a given up Jax and KC loses to SD. And NE beats Miami.

23 minutes ago, reo said:

Sidenote: Off chance we could lose this week... make the playoffs anyway... and go back to Houston the next week.

Very unlikely but it's possible.

We'd have to lose. Pitt loses to a resting Balt, Indy loses to a given up Jax and KC loses to SD. And NE beats Miami.

Technically NE wouldn't have to beat Miami.  But yeah, it's unlikely that all of that happens regardless.

10 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Technically NE wouldn't have to beat Miami.  But yeah, it's unlikely that all of that happens regardless.

yeah, was thinking KC and NE would be tied and KC would have the tiebreaker.. but you're right. If KC loses, NE gets the #2 seed regardless.

54 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

What do you mean? It's really possible, albeit not probable. I know you like to chime in with two word replies like you are contributing something....

He clearly meant it's not hard to understand a team could win their division without winning division games. Arw you new to the internet?