Memo to Vrabel: Ignore the Saints game

abenjami

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we beat the Texans and they lose to TB next week. Winning the Saints game would clinch the AFC South... so yeah. 

Just beat them all. End of story.

Beating a division rival twice in a season isn't easy at all.

13 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

That’s nearly impossible lol

Pats would have to lose 2 of 3 from Cin, Buf and Mia though.

Buf would have to lose 1 of 3 from Pit, NE and NYJ

I mean... it's also mathematically possible for the Titans to get the #1 seed but Balt would have to lose to NYJ, Cle and Pit lol

Sidenote: I really really want the NFC East division champ to have a losing record. That'd be amazing imo

The 7-9 Eagles or Dallas could play the 12-4 Seahawks at home. That'd be hilarious.

Edited by reo

3 hours ago, abenjami said:

The Titans should simply not bother preparing for the Saints game and instead use that valuable time to prepare for the Texans.  The game against the Saints is a meaningless game.

If we beat the Texans twice, we win the division regardless of whether or not we beat the Saints.

If we split with the Texans, the chances of winning the division are slim.  We would have to beat the Saints AND have the Texans lose to Tampa Bay.  We would also probably miss out on a wildcard birth.

What is easier?  Beat the Saints and Texans once, or beat the Texans twice?  I would say the latter for sure and it's the much easier road to the playoffs.

Yeah...no. 

At every turn this makes absolutely no sense.

43 minutes ago, reo said:

Pats would have to lose 2 of 3 from Cin, Buf and Mia though.

Buf would have to lose 1 of 3 from Pit, NE and NYJ

I mean... it's also mathematically possible for the Titans to get the #1 seed but Balt would have to lose to NYJ, Cle and Pit lol

Sidenote: I really really want the NFC East division champ to have a losing record. That'd be amazing imo

The 7-9 Eagles or Dallas could play the 12-4 Seahawks at home. That'd be hilarious.

Didn’t this happen when Seattle won their division at 7-9 then beat a good Saints team in Seattle when Lynch went off?

Edited by japan

1 minute ago, japan said:

Didn’t this happen when Seattle won their division at 7-9 then beat a good Saints team in Seattle when Lynch went off?

I think it's happened before but I couldn't say when... maybe. Sounds familiar.