More Tannehill praise from NFLN

BudsOilers

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can see the results from studying film in how he's in total command of the offense.   Meanwhile, Pineapple Tebow was running home to play with his dogs and watch Netflix with his BF.

If I knew the difference was between a 2 year 30 mill or a 5 year 120 mill you’re damn straight id never go home

This is borderline what you complained about that people did for Mariota. You rightfully complained that Mariota was given extra credit for stuff he was expected to do. This is the same thing. Tannehi

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

This is bull shit

Mariota threw a simple TD pass to Delaine Walker and it was called "a no look pass" and a "HOF throw". Everything Mariota did was so overrated it was a joke. 

Tannehill is playing at an elite level right now

And I was one of the first people to say it wasn't a no-look pass and that people were reaching. A QB is expected to spend those long hours at the facility honing his craft. To make a big deal out of it is unnecessary fluff no matter how well he's playing ( and he's certainly playing very damn well right now). I'm all for all the accolades and stats I see posted about him because he's earned with his play but this one seems like the feel-good fluff that you and others used to tear apart. 

32 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

This is borderline what you complained about that people did for Mariota. You rightfully complained that Mariota was given extra credit for stuff he was expected to do. This is the same thing. Tannehill is expected to log that time in at the facility. I'm glad he's doing his job but this borders on fluff IMO

I think it’s a little different. This is a tangible report highlighting how much work the quarterback is putting in and he’s seeing the results on the field.

We constantly heard what a great guy Mariota was but I don’t ever remember hearing them talk about all of the work that he was putting in watching film.  The stories were generally about him doing stuff in the community, calling his mommy, making his bed every morning etc.

20 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

And I was one of the first people to say it wasn't a no-look pass and that people were reaching. A QB is expected to spend those long hours at the facility honing his craft. To make a big deal out of it is unnecessary fluff no matter how well he's playing ( and he's certainly playing very damn well right now). I'm all for all the accolades and stats I see posted about him because he's earned with his play but this one seems like the feel-good fluff that you and others used to tear apart. 

I don't care about the fluff stuff either but it's not even close to the insanity that was the Mariota love. Bad comparison

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

You can see the results from studying film in how he's in total command of the offense.

Meanwhile, Pineapple Tebow was running home to play with his dogs and watch Netflix with his BF.

There were plenty but you're too blinded by hate to have seen it.  Living your life in a bubble must suck!  You shriveled old man!

This is dumb, first guy in last guy out is compliment given out a lot of the time. Saying this a fluff piece is somewhat true, there is almost never real substance 2 sports reporting. But the truth is that he is playing lights out with the amount of opportunities he has been given.

18 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Things don't have to be an exact one to one in terms of severity to be comparable. It's literally a re-hash of the biggest QB cliche there is. If someone said this about Mariota you'd lose your shit and you know it. Be consistent.

Well we do have the one problem that we have proof one of the QBs does work way more than the other. Richard Matthews said Tannehill had workouts with the WRs twice a week in the offseason, He said Mariota did it twice the entire off season. 

I wouldn't "lose my shit" I'd simply point out the facts we know. 

29 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I think it’s a little different. This is a tangible report highlighting how much work the quarterback is putting in and he’s seeing the results on the field.

We constantly heard what a great guy Mariota was but I don’t ever remember hearing them talk about all of the work that he was putting in watching film.  The stories were generally about him doing stuff in the community, calling his mommy, making his bed every morning etc.

Bud, it's fluff and you know it. If someone said this about Mariota, you'd be all over it.