Sign in to follow this  
JoelinBellevue

The Elephant in the Room

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

They sign a WR to $10M per year to sit him on the bench for the majority of the game?

 

We want to run the ball a lot, I get that.  But by being so damn predictable, we are increasing the number of sacks and making things harder on ourselves than we need to.  If either Tannehill or Henry go down, we're screwed.  Seems like there's at least a possibility that this happens with our current strategy.

 

I can see where there's a mixed message to an extent but I also think that Robinson for better or worse tried to surround MM with as much talent at WR as possible in an attempt to elevate his play.  Personally, I though the Humphries contract was dumb at the time but Iin fairness that deal was pre-draft and Brown wasn't here.

 

I think the makeup of the OL is the better tell.  Every one of them, including Lewan, is better at run blocking and fair or not, this team plays in the elements late in the year so you better be able to run it.

 

I do know we have played more 11 personnel under RT than they did with MM, for obvious reasons. 

 

I'm fine with it.  I've seen the other side of the spectrum where the R&S Oilers were incapable of running it effectively even when teams dared them to do it. 

 

Since the QB change, the 1st down mix is 60% run/40% pass and ideally it's more balanced.  Of course, they are going at a 54% success rate on 1st down runs and it's 56% on passes so that difference is negligible and putting them in 2nd and reasonable is much better than 2nd and 10 where you pretty much go all pass and take away arguably your best player.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, abc2330 said:

They sign a WR to $10M per year to sit him on the bench for the majority of the game?

 

We want to run the ball a lot, I get that.  But by being so damn predictable, we are increasing the number of sacks and making things harder on ourselves than we need to.  If either Tannehill or Henry go down, we're screwed.  Seems like there's at least a possibility that this happens with our current strategy.

He is leading us in receptions so there is that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are scoring 30 pt.s per game. Why would we need to pass more? When we fall behind, we actually have a RB that can make defenses pay for going a bit soft to try to stop us from passing our way back into the game. Of course Smith will use Henry in those situations. The guy gets receiver yardage on plays where he can get through the LOS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

No one wants to talk about this or even think about it, but in the NFL injuries happen. In another thread we were talking about Smith limiting Tanne on passing. I sincerely wonder if he is doing this intentionally should Tanne get hurt and Mariota has to play. It's the only reason I can come up with.

 

I believe you are sincere and that it's the only reason you can come up with, unless you put some more thought into it and come up with something even more absurd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Toddster said:

 

I believe you are sincere and that it's the only reason you can come up with, unless you put some more thought into it and come up with something even more absurd.

Let's hear your take. What happens if Mariota has to play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Never said that. But fanboys like you think he's God. Stick to fantasy football. 

 

He was in the AFC championship last year and was MVP lol ... you act like the guy didn't accomplish anything but fantasy stats lol.

 

I guess he wasn't one thing though that trumps all: Backup QB for the Titans.

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, big2033 said:

 

He was in the AFC championship last year and was MVP lol ... you act like the guy didn't accomplish anything but fantasy stats lol.

 

I guess he wasn't one thing though that trumps all: Backup QB for the Titans.

One minute everyone agrees you can pass too much, then in the next thread you are advocating it. Which is it? And FYI, Tanne was a backup QB for the Titans. Think before you type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.