Sign in to follow this  
JoelinBellevue

The Elephant in the Room

9 minutes ago, C_Train said:

Oh, don’t mistake my post for dislike, I actually love this type of football because it complete demoralizes the other team.  I was just saying from an average low football IQ fan, this isn’t sexy lol.  

Nah, I agree with you. The running game is like the thick girl, not everyone thinks she's sexy but I like me some meat on them bones. 

52 minutes ago, headhunter said:

As it gets colder at the end of the year its time to run the football, its not rocket science. 

Lol exactly. Henry gets stronger as the game and season go on. And like you said, this is that time of the year to pound the rock.

I think the amazing thing is that some just refuse to acknowledge that the offensive personnel was specifically built for this style of ball and it's been proven over and over that it works.  It was failing prior to the QB change because the original QB sucked, consistently leaving plays/yards on the field.

Ryan Tannehill tried to unsuccessfully carry the Miami Dolphins why would the coaching staff want him to do that for us when we're winning handily with Henry?

It never fails. Fans wanting coaches to take a leap of faith instead of doing what works.

Edited by big2033

3 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Wilson ain't that good. He runs around until someone gets open. Corners can't cover for that long in 2019. Most of his passes are predetermined presnap. If you watch his receivers that don't get the ball, he misses a lot of opportunities because he's looking for his presnap guy. 

Can i giive this a double wtf guru?

Edited by Callidus

47 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Ryan Tannehill tried to unsuccessfully carry the Miami Dolphins why would the coaching staff want him to do that for us when we're winning handily with Henry?

It never fails. Fans wanting coaches to take a leap of faith instead of doing what works.

Exactly. Tannehills going to beat no one of significance if he throws the ball 40 times. That’s not the QB he is and that’s not the system we run.

Tannehill's main weakness is taking occasional sacks and fumbling the ball.  If he has a clean pocket he can probably throw for 300 yards a game easily.  Our OL isn't consistent enough to keep him clean so we have to mix in ~50% runs, utilize play action, screens and other short passes be balanced.  But what I've seen if he has time he can nail guys with pin point accuracy on medium and deep routes as good as anyone.  In short Tannehill has no liabilities in his ability to throw the ball.  None.  Put him behind some of the OLs we had in the past with Roos and Stewart when we were one of the best pass protection OLs and he could light it up.  Still, the formula to win games includes putting some welts on the defense in the run game and certainly that is big in the 4th quarter protecting a lead. 

Interesting discussion. Lest you think I an advocating big passing yards I have defended this system because running causes attrition. But some have wondered why we dont pass more on 1st down, so wanted a discussion. Those same people are in awe of Mahomes if you remember. I'm good with a balanced attack. The Vikings have a good balance of running backs. Wish we could swap Lewis and have that same deal.

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

I think the amazing thing is that some just refuse to acknowledge that the offensive personnel was specifically built for this style of ball and it's been proven over and over that it works.  It was failing prior to the QB change because the original QB sucked, consistently leaving plays/yards on the field.

They sign a WR to $10M per year to sit him on the bench for the majority of the game?

We want to run the ball a lot, I get that.  But by being so damn predictable, we are increasing the number of sacks and making things harder on ourselves than we need to.  If either Tannehill or Henry go down, we're screwed.  Seems like there's at least a possibility that this happens with our current strategy.

21 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Interesting discussion. Lest you think I an advocating big passing yards I have defended this system because running causes attrition. But some have wondered why we dont pass more on 1st down, so wanted a discussion. Those same people are in awe of Mahomes if you remember. I'm good with a balanced attack. The Vikings have a good balance of running backs. Wish we could swap Lewis and have that same deal.

Uhhhggg.  Joel back on the Mahomes sucks shit?