Nightmare scenario at QB in off season(Sign Brady)

OILERMAN

3 hours ago, Hyperion said:

His age and clearly declining production doesn't worry you at all? He has a legacy at New England and is the most beloved player in their franchise history. They wouldn't let him go unless they felt like the end was basically here.

Choice is Toms. And guys like him don't consider what they've done to be their legacy. They consider what they WILL DO to be their legacy. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listening to Kuharsky last night he was over the top in regards to the Titans going after Tom Brady if he tests free agency after the season. He said you go after him over anyone.    I would

Don't want a washed up Rivers either.   At this point.....   Brady and Rivers are.....   Fools gold,nothing more.

It's not an established fact that she said play MM.  It's board conjecture.

3 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Lol at washed up Brady. 

You can sign Brady and guarantee production, not fuckups, draft a QB to be mentored. Tannehill ain't gonna mentor somebody that will take his fucking job after he signs a long-term deal. Brady will do it for legacy. I think he wants to be a coach one day. 

Brady has never mentored anyone. He wont start now. 

• 1 month later...

I added this in this thread but it's in response to the Vrabel thread about starting Mariota so long with @BudAdams and @IsntLifeFunny

I think there is a damn good chance Robinson's original plan was to play out this season with Mariota, not sign him and get Brady after this season. I think there is a good chance Vrabel and Robinson had a wink wink deal with Brady and that's why Brady structured his deal like he did and sold his house. 

Robinson knew Mariota wasn't taking the Titans anywhere and obviously didn't think Tannehill would be this good either. 

Had Tannehill not exploded it would have likely been the best plan with this roster. 

Two things happened though, RT played elite and Brady bombed out. Robinson isn't stupid, he knew MM wasn't the answer. What he didn't know was RT was

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I added this in this thread but it's in response to the Vrabel thread about starting Mariota so long with @BudAdams and @IsntLifeFunny

I think there is a damn good chance Robinson's original plan was to play out this season with Mariota, not sign him and get Brady after this season. I think there is a good chance Vrabel and Robinson had a wink wink deal with Brady and that's why Brady structured his deal like he did and sold his house. 

Robinson knew Mariota wasn't taking the Titans anywhere and obviously didn't think Tannehill would be this good either. 

Had Tannehill not exploded it would have likely been the best plan with this roster. 

Two things happened though, RT played elite and Brady bombed out. Robinson isn't stupid, he knew MM wasn't the answer. What he didn't know was RT was

It’s reasonable in theory but at the same time you are inferring that the team was prepared to waste what may be a SB team to wait for 43 year old Brady?

also brings into question the QB evaluation skills.....If they didn’t see the gap between RT and MM in practices and the class room, yikes 

14 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I could see that. I thought the same thing that for better or worse Mariota would get the season and he would trudge us through another 9-7/8-8 type season with mediocre play on the back of the defense. He totally shit the bed, which in hindsight was a gift. 

I understand Bud’s point about being pissed off the move wasn’t made sooner. I think in the end if they pulled the trigger for Tannehill and he bombed they would have been out of the job, so for better or worse they decided to give him one last shot, which was likely mandated in some form from ownership. It’s a tricky situation that somehow worked itself out beautifully. I give credit to all involved that we successfully put MM’s career in the trash heap while making the Championship game after a 2-4 start. 

17 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

It’s reasonable in theory but at the same time you are inferring that the team was prepared to waste what may be a SB team to wait for 43 year old Brady?

also brings into question the QB evaluation skills.....If they didn’t see the gap between RT and MM in practices and the class room, yikes 

Broken record?

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I could see that. I thought the same thing that for better or worse Mariota would get the season and he would trudge us through another 9-7/8-8 type season with mediocre play on the back of the defense. He totally shit the bed, which in hindsight was a gift. 

I understand Bud’s point about being pissed off the move wasn’t made sooner. I think in the end if they pulled the trigger for Tannehill and he bombed they would have been out of the job, so for better or worse they decided to give him one last shot, which was likely mandated in some form from ownership. It’s a tricky situation that somehow worked itself out beautifully. I give credit to all involved that we successfully put MM’s career in the trash heap while making the Championship game after a 2-4 start. 

So you think Robinson’s plan was to waste the season with Mariota to appease ownership?   Add in no confidence in evaluating Tannehill’s abilities?  Hmmm 

37 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

That's fucking stupid as shit.