Nightmare scenario at QB in off season(Sign Brady)

OILERMAN

The old adage “rather cut a guy one year early than one year late” comes to mind. Brady looks like hes in decline to me. Not the worst in the NFL but definitely average. Hes had a few slumps in his career so we will see how the rest of his year goes.  

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listening to Kuharsky last night he was over the top in regards to the Titans going after Tom Brady if he tests free agency after the season. He said you go after him over anyone.    I would

Don't want a washed up Rivers either.   At this point.....   Brady and Rivers are.....   Fools gold,nothing more.

It's not an established fact that she said play MM.  It's board conjecture.

1 hour ago, Dinx81 said:

The old adage “rather cut a guy one year early than one year late” comes to mind. Brady looks like hes in decline to me. Not the worst in the NFL but definitely average. Hes had a few slumps in his career so we will see how the rest of his year goes.  

Yeah we'll see

Probably a Superbowl

2 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

Could be. But this was about the time Manning fell off the cliff in Denver.

Manning was 39.  Favre was 41 in his last year.

3 potential FA QB's:  Brady is 42 and will be 43 next August.  Brees turns 41 in January.  Rivers is turning 38 in a few days.

7 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Manning was 39.  Favre was 41 in his last year.

3 potential FA QB's:  Brady is 42 and will be 43 next August.  Brees turns 41 in January.  Rivers is turning 38 in a few days.

I was more meaning the time in the season when manning started falling off. I think we got who we need for the future right now. No need in taking that chance. 

4 hours ago, scine09 said:

Nobody has any friggin clue as to who decided what.  The Titans are as tight lipped as almost any organization in the league.  The only things that get out are the things that they want out.

Scine knows Amy didn't force MM into the line-up

All anyone has to do is watch the last game tape both QBs played. Brady is declining and that’s putting a polite spin on it. Tannehill is just coming into his own and should have several good years left. Some of the negative posts we’ve seen here about RT are based on his time with Miami. I’m guessing he was ready to turn the page on his time there and is very thankful for the opportunity the Titans have presented. 

I can understand internal discussions taking place about Brady at STSP. But the truth is we have to look to the future and that is not Tom Brady. I feel like the organization as a whole has gotten younger from the front office to the players. I believe that is the right direction and signing a declining QB doesn’t fit with that business model. We have at least 4 more games to judge RT by. Then make the decision for moving forward. Let’s hope JRobs NE connections don’t factor in to this decision.

2 hours ago, japan said:

Organizational decision.  Vrabel has complete control over who starts.  Per PK.

PK also said Mariota was better than RT and mocked anyone even saying that a QB competition was warranted after the national reports came out during preseason.

Of course, PK also stated that Robinson was running the show when Mularkey got fired and that JR fired him for offensive inconsistency and the stalled development of Mariota.

So you are putting the horrid decision on Vrabel?  Or was it Amy? 

Poor Robinson, despite having full control of the football operations, was rendered impotent on this!

19 hours ago, Titans279 said:

The nightmare scenario is actually Tannehill looking great and getting us into the playoffs but getting injured.

Then we have no chance in the playoffs, probably won't want to sign Tannehill to a long term deal, and will be out of reach of drafting a QB.

I think this isn’t the end of the world. In this scenario you either sign him to a team friendly deal or franchise tag him. This also allows you to draft a potential successor with out the politics of “Franchise QB” etc etc. 

9 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

PK also said Mariota was better than RT and mocked anyone even saying that a QB competition was warranted after the national reports came out during preseason.

I think they (the Midday crew) were saying there wouldn't be a QB competition and that Tannehill wasn't going to "maybe start week 1."

They were right.

I don't remember them mocking people for saying Tannehill would be better.

5 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I think they (the Midday crew) were saying there wouldn't be a QB competition and that Tannehill wasn't going to "maybe start week 1."

They were right.

People were mocked for saying that Tannehill would be the week one starter and are still butt-hurt about it despite being proven wrong. Should Tannehill have started from day 1? Yup. But based on the info we were getting at the time there was no reason to suggest that it was likely. The FO was pretty clear in stating that Mariota was the clear starter and Tannehill was the clear back up. It was stupid and there should have at least been an open competition but they were pretty clear on what the plan was. 

10 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

They were right.

PK did on twitter