Rolltide

Bloomberg thread...

https://www.mikebloomberg.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAiZPvBRDZARIsAORkq7d7hvXqhSUAoAGXwaCdSMXf83E3_jNwocbcpzCx3QFq4BerYO_OcVEaAt05EALw_wcB

Saw the first Bloomberg ad and it was lame. He's already said some really dumb things. He has no chance. If the economy was bad he would be more viable as the great businessman savior. What need do we have for him?

He was asked about China building all these coal plants and how that undermines the case for climate change. Bloomberg stumbled badly. He said it was ok since they were building them away from cities to avoid the effect of the pollution. Huh?

He said that "Xi has to answer to his constituency". When asked why since Xi is a dictator he said that he was not. He said that! Total naivete and ignorance regarding the country that is most competitive with us!

China is a one party country and Xi is in charge because he is the head of that party. 

Here is the interview. The last thing we need today is a president sucking China's balls. 

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/12/michael-bloomberg-china-pbs-climate-xi-dictator.html

Bloomberg: China is doing a lot. Yes, they’re still building a lot of coal-fired power plants.

Hoover: And they’re still burning coal.

Bloomberg: Yes, they are, but they’re now moving plants away from the cities. The Communisty Party wants to stay in power in China, and they listen to the public. When the public says I can’t breathe the air, Xi Jinping is not a dictator; he has to satisfy his constituents or he’s not going to survive.

Hoover: He’s not a dictator?

Bloomberg: No, he has a constituency to answer to. 

Hoover: He doesn’t have a vote. He doesn’t have a democracy. He’s not held accountable by voters.

Bloomberg: If his advisers gave him — 

Hoover: Is the check on him just a revolution? 

Bloomberg: You’re not going to have a revolution. No government survives without the will of the majority of its people.

Bloomberg doesnt have a chance. 

About Xi though... he's close to a dictator but still not yet. Bloomberg is somewhat correct there. The ( i think it's currently 7 members) Politiburo Standing Committee could begin dissent against him and their word may be strong enough to oust him in rough times. 

The peoples congress could do the same if they get half the votes... but there is fear of dissent from the party there. 

The main issue is that Xi is in charge of the military - which means he can fear monger and seize absolute control in dire situations to control his position. 

I'm not sure he actually would take the last option though... but who knows. Anytime you are in a "face culture" and the biggest fear in life is being embarrassed... its easy to see how he could jump to certain lengths in order to maintain power even when doing embarrassingly poorly. 

But basically its not as cut-n-dry as you think. He's not a clear-cut dictator.. but yeah, he's close and could be if things continue to progress as they are. .. which i think they eventually will. 

Edited by titanruss

If Trump argued that Putin was not a dictator libtards would call it an impeachable offense. Putin actually has won elections. Xi has not. Grated they are not fair and legal by our standards. 

Bloomberg's last comment is one of the most naive and idiotic statements I have ever heard from any politician. 

7 hours ago, Rolltide said:

No government survives without the will of the majority of its people.

This man obviously has no clue about the world we live in or about world history. 

2 hours ago, Rolltide said:

If Trump argued that Putin was not a dictator libtards would call it an impeachable offense. Putin actually has won elections. Xi has not. Grated they are not fair and legal by our standards. 

Russia isnt run by a dictator either. It's a corrupt oligarchy.

As per usual, you don't know what you're talking about. 

On the surface Bloomberg seems like the ideal candidate to beat Trump.  He was obviously super popular in NYC, very successful in business and is a centrist politically.  I look forward to hearing more from him although I hope he stays out of the debate nonsense until the field gets smaller.

I was warming up to the idea that Warren might have a shot.  Even though I disagree with some of her policies, I fundamentally believe the lower/middle class needs a new deal.  I've come to believe she won't survive Trump.  Same with Biden who can barely put a sentence together without screwing up.

3 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

On the surface Bloomberg seems like the ideal candidate to beat Trump.  He was obviously super popular in NYC, very successful in business and is a centrist politically.  I look forward to hearing more from him although I hope he stays out of the debate nonsense until the field gets smaller.

I was warming up to the idea that Warren might have a shot.  Even though I disagree with some of her policies, I fundamentally believe the lower/middle class needs a new deal.  I've come to believe she won't survive Trump.  Same with Biden who can barely put a sentence together without screwing up.

I dont care for Biden but you are wrong about his chances. He'll deliver the midwest and PA easily.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

I dont care for Biden but you are wrong about his chances. He'll deliver the midwest and PA easily.

Especially since Trump is doing everything he possibly can to piss off the farmers.

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

I'm glad you're confident.  He's clearly not as sharp as he was a couple years ago....

3 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

I'm glad you're confident.  He's clearly not as sharp as he was a couple years ago....

He comes off much better one on one than on the crowded debate stage. Again I'm not a fan. I actually like Mayor Pete the best but Biden speaks to the electorate the Dems sorely need to win the election.

43 minutes ago, oldschool said:

He comes off much better one on one than on the crowded debate stage. Again I'm not a fan. I actually like Mayor Pete the best but Biden speaks to the electorate the Dems sorely need to win the election.

Then why does his fundraising suck so badly?  Seriously, that's a strong indicator that the guy is a stiff when it comes to motivating the party on his own.  Looks like antiTrump sentiment will have to do all the work.

4 hours ago, VaTitan said:

Biden's gaffs and speech are irrelevant next to Trump, who is a total imbecile. 

This deal with pointing out Biden's mistakes is weird to me.

"How can our candidate win when he's completely covered in shit?" 

Because his opponent is made of raw sewage. Cancels things out. 

Biden is starting to look like Trump circa 2015. People just assuming and insisting that he will eventually be defeated despite leading the polls by significant margins. 

12 minutes ago, begooode said:

Then why does his fundraising suck so badly?  Seriously, that's a strong indicator that the guy is a stiff when it comes to motivating the party on his own.  Looks like antiTrump sentiment will have to do all the work.

I think all of that changes if he wins the nomination. Regardless of who wins I fully believe the left will coalesce around the nominee. So yes, I’m a way, anti-Trump sentiment will rule the day. At least I hope that is the case. 

27 minutes ago, 'Nator said:

Biden's gaffs and speech are irrelevant next to Trump, who is a total imbecile. 

This deal with pointing out Biden's mistakes is weird to me.

"How can our candidate win when he's completely covered in shit?" 

Because his opponent is made of raw sewage. Cancels things out. 

Biden is starting to look like Trump circa 2015. People just assuming and insisting that he will eventually be defeated despite leading the polls by significant margins. 

Biden is senile or worse.  That is a fact.  Stop with the idiocy.  His end is near nd the media won't be able to hide him for long.

Bloomberg isn't senile but he is dumb as a rock.  Clueless.