GZATheGenius

Ryan Tannehill MVP

Tannehill’s passer rating of 131.2 vs the Colts was his fifth 100-plus game in his six starts. Tannehill’s season passer rating of 113.9 ranks second in the NFL behind only Vikings QB Kirk Cousins (114.8).

He's not going to get the MVP. Lamar Jackson seems the obvious choice, with Wilson and Mahomes being in the conversation. However, if Tanny had played the whole season and played like this? He'd be in the mix, for sure. He's certainly our team MVP right now and the critical difference between our first 6 games and our last 6.

I'm not arguing that he's having a better season than Henry or Ryan. I'm arguing that he's the key difference on our team between winning and losing. I think the stats and record bear that out. Henry and Ryan were on the field when we were 2-4.

Fuck the MVP award.  

It is way better that we have two outstanding players that make it impossible for either to sufficiently stand out for the MVP rather than only one outstanding player who would otherwise stand out.

There are times when its better to not have an MVP player.

Edited by Denali

1 hour ago, Helios said:

MVP? He’s beaten teams he’s supposed to beat lol

I don't think he's even in the conversation either but he wasn't supposed to be there Chiefs and he did so in spectacular fashion.

Huge game next week. Hopefully get every body healthy. Let’s see how Tannehill does next week. The OL did much better today on pass protect. 

Tannehill is playing better than any of us could have ever imagined, but he is not a MVP candidate. 

Today was a game we could have easily lost with our secondary injuries and a hobbled Henry, but Tannehill put this team on his shoulders and delivered. I’ve been on the bandwagon but this was maybe his best game yet. Sign him now.