Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Colts Recap Thread

The guys on good morning football brought up a really good point. The last 3 games for Derrick Henry have been as dominant as any 3 games for a running back ever. If he continues it for another week or two, he’ll be in uncharted territory. It’s time to enjoy the greatness we’re witnessing from the King. This shit is crazy. Dehember is real.

Logan Ryan is playing out of his mind as well and if he were Richard Sherman he’d be in DPOY talks right now. 

Our FG blocking unit probably did something pretty historic with two blocked field goals in one game as well.

If we can figure out a way for Nate Davis to not suck as much at pass blocking we will be unstoppable on offense to go along with an opportunistic defense and tenacious special teams.

There have been several insanely fun games to watch this year. Yesterday was #1 on that list. It felt so good to finally be able to put someone away and not have to go down to the last minute to do it especially being the Colts and legitimizing our playoff hopes. I loved A Smith calling the kill shot on 3rd down at the end of the game instead of trying to get the first down and kick the FG to go up by 10. It sent the Colts fans streaming for the exits with 4+ minutes to go, much to our delight.

Edited by freakingeek

26 minutes ago, Thrill said:

The guys on good morning football brought up a really good point. The last 3 games for Derrick Henry have been as dominant as any 3 games for a running back ever. If he continues it for another week or two, he’ll be in uncharted territory. It’s time to enjoy the greatness we’re witnessing from the King. This shit is crazy. Dehember is real.

I love what Henry is doing but no fucking way.  That's just over hyping it.

Earl had a 6 game stretch there in his prime of 178, 203, 202, 157, 130, 206.   Dickerson 1984:  208, 149, 132, 191, 149, 215.  Payton had some like that too.

3 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

There have been several insanely fun games to watch this year. Yesterday was #1 on that list. It felt so good to finally be able to put someone away and not have to go down to the last minute to do it especially being the Colts and legitimizing our playoff hopes. I loved A Smith calling the kill shop on 3rd down at the end of the game instead of trying to get the first down and kick the FG to go up by 10. It sent the Colts fans streaming for the exits with 4+ minutes to go, much to our delight.

They were headed there right after the turnover. They really have no faith.

4 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

They're spoiled after having Manning and Luck for the last decade. Brissette is good but nowhere near the other two.

20 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

That was one of the funniest things I saw yesterday.  CBS shows Colts fans leaving the stands. Then the next shot is of the inside of the stadium (concessions etc..) where you see even more people exiting.

18 minutes ago, rns90 said:

That was one of the funniest things I saw yesterday.  CBS shows Colts fans leaving the stands. Then the next shot is of the inside of the stadium (concessions etc..) where you see even more people exiting.

I wasn't at the Chiefs game, but it appeared even when we didn't score and had to punt that very few left.  No timeouts and 1:21 left and the place was rocking.

48 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Earl had a 6 game stretch there in his prime of 178, 203, 202, 157, 130, 206.   Dickerson 1984:  208, 149, 132, 191, 149, 215.  Payton had some like that too.

I think the stats I saw were 149 + a touchdown. So these guys may have done more yardage wise I guess none of them had 4 games like that with a touchdown. But you’re right he’d need to keep it up until the end of the season to have these type of runs.

56 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Your point is well taken but that's some nice company for Henry to have lmao. 

20 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

I wasn't at the Chiefs game, but it appeared even when we didn't score and had to punt that very few left.  No timeouts and 1:21 left and the place was rocking.

It was rocking. Most of the crowd that was there was on their feet screaming their asses off. It was impressive, considering we were outnumbered 3-1 by that time.

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Didn't CJ have a similar stretch. In order to get to 2k, you have to have some consecutive numbers piling up.

8 minutes ago, earlers said:

Didn't CJ have a similar stretch. In order to get to 2k, you have to have some consecutive numbers piling up.

I recall CJ getting 800 yards in a 5-game stretch within a single calendar month...