Sign in to follow this  
CreepingDeath

The ST are Special

3 hours ago, Callidus said:

Looked it up 9 blocked kicks is the record for a team in a season

They only need one per game to tie the record. That should be doable.

1 hour ago, TheBukafax said:

Welp never reaching that mark this season lol

Yeah, blocking kicks is difficult which is why the achievements this year are pretty special.

17 hours ago, titanruss said:

ST has been great. 
Wish we could just figure out how to do anything at all in KR and PR. 

Honestly I prefer consistency on KR/PR over flash plays and miscues. 

7 hours ago, reo said:

Honestly I prefer consistency on KR/PR over flash plays and miscues. 

Yeah, of course. But it's not an either / or scenario. 

You can have flash plays with a minimum of consistency. 

We are well below average in KR and almost exactly average in PR (#17)

Our longest PR is just 21 yards. Longest KR is just 45 yards. 

We could stand to improve pretty easily. 

Lil sketchy were having to rely on blocked kicks to win the game.Dont get me wrong just the way shit falls but I much rather have my foot on their throats and not have to stress blocking a kick.Cool stat none the less though 

33 minutes ago, JMoney420 said:

Lil sketchy were having to rely on blocked kicks to win the game.Dont get me wrong just the way shit falls but I much rather have my foot on their throats and not have to stress blocking a kick.Cool stat none the less though 

Everyone wants to kick the shit out of thd other team every week but that isn't realistic. Being solid for the most part then puting it away regardless of how is more than enough 2 be enjoyable. What we did it the chief game was more impressive 2 me than the shit stomping we put on the jags or this good drumming of the colts.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:01 PM, titanruss said:

Yeah, of course. But it's not an either / or scenario. 

You can have flash plays with a minimum of consistency. 

We are well below average in KR and almost exactly average in PR (#17)

Our longest PR is just 21 yards. Longest KR is just 45 yards. 

We could stand to improve pretty easily. 

You could always find a Hester but the process of finding that 1/1000000 is to go through the other 999999/1000000 which means LOTS of inconsistency for very little gain.

Didn't our KR lead the league last year or something? How much did that help?

Not fucking up 99.9% of the time is much more important than having the occasional flash play. 

59 minutes ago, reo said:

You could always find a Hester but the process of finding that 1/1000000 is to go through the other 999999/1000000 which means LOTS of inconsistency for very little gain.

Not fucking up 99.9% of the time is much more important than having the occasional flash play. 

We found Hester, then Fisher made us pick Lendale....

8 hours ago, reo said:

That’s incredibly untrue and hyperbolic. There are plenty of returners in the league now that offer a higher ceiling and higher floor in their return duties. 

Last year was last year... terrible this year.  

No one is complaining. It’s just obvious we could be much better. And that’s OK. 

1 minute ago, titanruss said:

That’s incredibly untrue and hyperbolic. There are plenty of returners in the league now that offer a higher ceiling and higher floor in their return duties. 

Last year was last year... terrible this year.  

No one is complaining. It’s just obvious we could be much better. And that’s OK. 

Its definitely hyperbole. 

Point being, people overvalue flashy plays on special teams bc they like the excitement. 

2 hours ago, reo said:

Its definitely hyperbole. 

Point being, people overvalue flashy plays on special teams bc they like the excitement. 

No, not really. They value them because of field position. ... which is legit... and you're weird belief or argument that wanting that comes with fumbles and fuckups is as we both agree.. .huge hyperbole and a fallacious thinking. 

Edited by titanruss

21 minutes ago, titanruss said:

No, not really. They value them because of field position. ... which is legit... and you're weird belief or argument that wanting that comes with fumbles and fuckups is as we both agree.. .huge hyperbole and a fallacious thinking. 

It's not huge hyperbole. It is a bit but tons of teams have shitty STs and as a team that has lost plenty of games to things like fumbles on the 1 that turn into safeties.... Having consistent STs is a very good thing.