Fitz

In order to make the playoffs

Here's the remaining schedules for the AFC playoff hopefuls, how do you guys see it playing out?

Patriots 10-2

Chiefs

@ Bengals

Bills

Dolphins

Ravens 10-2

@Bills

Jets

@Browns

Steelers

Bills 9-3

Ravens

@Steelers

@Patriots

Jets

Chiefs 8-4

@Patriots

Broncos

@Bears

Chargers

Texans 8-4

Broncos

@Titans

@Bucs

Titans

Steelers 7-5

@Cardinals

Bills

@Jets

@Ravens

Titans 7-5

@Raiders

Texans

Saints

@Texans

Raiders 6-6

Titans

Jaguars

@Chargers

@Broncos

Colts 6-6

@Bucs

@Saints

Panthers

@Jaguars

The way I see it playing out:

Ravens  14-2

Patriots  13-3

Chiefs     8-4

Texans    11-5

Bills         11-5

Steelers  9-7

I have us and the Colts both at 9-7 as well, but the Colts beat us out with a division record of 4-2 to our 3-3, and then the Steelers beating them out with a conference record of 7-5 to their 6-6. 

Alot of what ifs though, I have the Steelers losing to the Ravens and Bills, and us losing to the Saints and splitting with the Texans. If the colts drop two games then the tie breaker with the Steelers would come down to strength of victory, we are currently +42 and they are +11. 

Steelers lose to Bills and Ravens and get bounced.

Colts could lose 3 of the next 4 potentially. That team is hobbled.

Pats are still probably guaranteed 12 wins and win the division. They have the Bengals and Dolphins.

Doesn’t really matter how KC does. They probably win the division and we should help next week vs Oakland.

Ravens win the AFC North.

Ideally, we win every game, or at least all the AFC games. Our best shot is to go in as division champions. Winning is all that matters.

55 minutes ago, Fitz said:

Here's the remaining schedules for the AFC playoff hopefuls, how do you guys see it playing out?

Patriots 10-2

Chiefs - Loss

@ Bengals - Win

Bills - Win

Dolphins - Win

Ravens 10-2

@Bills - Loss

Jets - Win

@Browns - Win

Steelers - Win

Bills 9-3

Ravens - Win

@Steelers - Win

@Patriots - Loss

Jets - Loss

Chiefs 8-4

@Patriots - Win

Broncos - Win

@Bears - Loss

Chargers - Win

Texans 8-4

Broncos - Win

@Titans - Loss

@Bucs - Loss

Titans - Loss

Steelers 7-5

@Cardinals - Loss

Bills - Loss

@Jets - Loss

@Ravens - Loss

Titans 7-5

@Raiders - Win

Texans - Win

Saints - Loss

@Texans - Win

Raiders 6-6

Titans - Loss

Jaguars - Win

@Chargers - Loss

@Broncos - Loss

Colts 6-6

@Bucs - Loss

@Saints - Loss

Panthers - Loss

@Jaguars - Win

The way I see it playing out:

Ravens  14-2

Patriots  13-3

Chiefs     8-4

Texans    11-5

Bills         11-5

Steelers  9-7

I have us and the Colts both at 9-7 as well, but the Colts beat us out with a division record of 4-2 to our 3-3, and then the Steelers beating them out with a conference record of 7-5 to their 6-6. 

Alot of what ifs though, I have the Steelers losing to the Ravens and Bills, and us losing to the Saints and splitting with the Texans. If the colts drop two games then the tie breaker with the Steelers would come down to strength of victory, we are currently +42 and they are +11. 

- This is the way I see it playing out (Kyle)

Here is what I think.

The Ravens will be the #1 seed.  They finish 13-3 at worst.

The #2 seed will be the winner of the Pats/Bills game in week 16.  The other team gets a wildcard.

The Chiefs will win the AFC West and be the #3 seed.  I think they roll the Pats next week and could go 12-4 with that schedule.

Obviously the AFC South and #4 seed comes down to whether or not we can beat the Texans twice.  We can't afford to split.

So let's say we don't win our division.  Then we are fighting for the #6 seed because it's already BALT, NE, BUF, KC, HOU.

I think the Steelers are frauds.  They haven't beat a decent team this year.  Their wins have come against the Bengals (x2), Browns (x2), Dolphins, Chargers, and Colts (without Brisset).  And they've mostly had to scrape to win those games.  They will drop two more games to the Bills and Ravens.  I could see them losing to the Cards next week too.  But there's a good chance they finish 9-7.

The Raiders haven't really beat a good team either and they have been smoked in several of their losses to the better teams on their schedule. I see them as 8-8.

I'd say the Colts finish 8-8 too.

5 minutes ago, GLinks said:

I think we can beat the Saints as well as the Raiders, but beating Houston twice matters the most, and with that, 3 of 4 wins sweeping Houston along the way is a must-do.

I wouldn't say it's a must-do.  I'd say beating the Raiders and the Texans at least once is absolutely required or we're out.  There are plenty of ways to get in at 9-7 with 2 more conference wins on the belt.

We can lose to Oakland and New Orleans but if we beat Houston x2 we win then division

The key to beating Houston is #1 protecting Tannehill and #2 Dominating the run game and #3 keeping them below 24 points max and winning TOP and turnover battle and converting third downs.

wait

thats the formula for beating any team. 

honestly we match up very well with them and I can see us beating them twice but we absolutely have to get our shit together in the pass protection game and get Jonnu, Davis and Humphries more involved. 

We don’t want to get into a shootout with them

however I feel like we can hand them their ass if we win the TOP game and protect Tannehill and convert third downs and pounding Henry playing turnover free football 

5 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

We can lose to Oakland and New Orleans but if we beat Houston x2 we win then division

49ers only play NO out of those what do you mean “we”

Edited by Dinx81

12 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

The key to beating Houston is....

the key to beating the texans is simply - fluster watson and tackle him before he can take advantage of 2nd chance opportunities. Their D isnt scary, their run game isnt scary. 

Edited by titanruss