Thoughts from after the Colts game

code

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The myth that Henry is a liability in pass protection is a complete fallacy.  He's a franchise back at this point.

#1. It is such a pleasure not to read Manning Envy after a Titans Colts game. Sucks dude. We know how you feel 10X over. Now 2-10 vs Colts in Indy.   #2. I never want another nice guy at QB

3 minutes ago, gaskill15 said:

I feel like I keep noticing Landry more and more each week. He is disruptive as hell and he’s always hustling to the ball from the back end on run plays away from his side. I still can’t believe we got him in the 2nd. 

He has definitely upped his game this season.  Along with Evans. Just wish we had gotten someone better than old man Wake to play opposite Landry.

Edited by japan

Change title to NFL is NOT Golf. 

It's a greasy game. You need that swagger. I don't think Tannehill is over confident or arrogant. The analysts quoted Henry saying how much different now that their QB has leadership, is vocal, and keeps them all in line. You know, like a QB. 

Incredible group here built by Jrob. Trample the weak, and hurdle the dead!

If we can sign these guys and keep drafting well, the next few years is gonna be bad for the Colts, Jags, and Texans.

3 minutes ago, gaskill15 said:

I feel like I keep noticing Landry more and more each week. He is disruptive as hell and he’s always hustling to the ball from the back end on run plays away from his side. I still can’t believe we got him in the 2nd. 

He's probably in top 10 for sacks after today. He's gotta lot of hurries and hits too. 

I have my reservations about the OC still, pass blocking which I think will get better with a new OL coach, C, and experience with Davis and the pending RT situation. I also have my reservations about Corey Davis. I feel like he is either battling through an unknown injury, or doesn’t believe in the philosophy, or just flat out is ignored and it’s quite frankly pissing me off. There is no reason he shouldn’t be getting 8-10 targets a game, however we finally have a fucking franchise QB whose getting sacked at an alarmingly high rate and it’s the one thing I do agree with the OC about by not dropping him back 30-45 times a game due to the sacks that accumulate just from dropping back 15-25 times a game and the production from the run game. 

We have a scary team that no one wants to play in the post season due to the run game and defense but if we get into a shootout I’m afraid we will see 8 fucking sacks 

This team while successful with Henry has me in a pickle. While I want to see Henry stay and continue his thing... I also know what a liability he is in pass protection. We could get equal running production from a free agent like Kareem Hunt and actually upgrade as he is a 3 down back with elite pass blocking and receiving skills. Or we can keep Henry at 3 times the price and find a back and interior OL at C and RT to get us the protection we need. 

either way. 

It’s fucking nice to beat down on divisional opponents and super bowl contenders and go 6-1 after the switch at QB and watch a real football team. 

I think at the end of the day we are more of a contender than the national contenders.