Logical

A warning about Tannehill, from someone who saw him play for over half a decade

11 minutes ago, Guts said:

Would rather Tannehill make the critical throws to advance us to the AFC Championship game, then being one and done in the playoffs with padded stats.

Critical throws?

lol, uhm, ok.

14 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

It's sad that you have nothing better to do than post on the forum of a random team about the QB they are going to sign because he's pretty good.

Pretty good?

Oh my...

Just now, Logical said:

Critical throws?

lol, uhm, ok.

You salty because the Bills clearly trusted a receiver more to throw a touchdown than Josh Allen?  You clearly didn't watch our first two playoff games, Tannehill made multiple drive sustaining 3rd down throws.  

12 minutes ago, Logical said:

Pretty good?

Oh my...

Yeah, Tannehill is pretty good. Josh Allen is bad.

You will realize this in a few years

39 minutes ago, Guts said:

Would rather Tannehill make the critical throws to advance us to the AFC Championship game, then being one and done in the playoffs with padded stats.

And padded seats... watching!!! LoL

5 hours ago, Logical said:

I'm not obsessed with Tanny.

I'm just laughing at how Titan fans actually think he is a good QB.

How anyone can watch the past 3 performances and still want to sign him is incredible.

I don’t think anyone thinks he is anything special. He is one of the best options available now though. We aren’t resigning him to a deal that is going to lock us in for the next 10 years. The structure of the contract is all that matters. I don’t think we see him as anything more than a stopgap QB for 2-3 years. 

If you have a QB who can hold down a starting job you have to keep him around until a clear better option presents itself. They're not going to sign him to a deal that locks the franchise into him for a long time with no room for options, that's not how the NFL salary system works. Fans overrate the impact of salary numbers (it's not like the Titans would use those $ on other players that would make much of an impact without a QB).

He was a key part of an offense that got to the AFC CG. You better have a better option lined up if you move on from that, it's just GM suicide if you don't.

Guys like Allen are safe because they're still on rookie deals. If he can't crack 60% passing in year 3 then he is in a lot of trouble - the Bills may find themselves in a situation where a vet like RT would let them reach the next level a poor passer can't let the team reach.

16 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I don’t think anyone thinks he is anything special. He is one of the best options available now though. We aren’t resigning him to a deal that is going to lock us in for the next 10 years. The structure of the contract is all that matters. I don’t think we see him as anything more than a stopgap QB for 2-3 years. 

You don't think he's special but you're OK with giving him $30 Million per year?

15 hours ago, OzTitan said:

If you have a QB who can hold down a starting job you have to keep him around until a clear better option presents itself. They're not going to sign him to a deal that locks the franchise into him for a long time with no room for options, that's not how the NFL salary system works. Fans overrate the impact of salary numbers (it's not like the Titans would use those $ on other players that would make much of an impact without a QB).

He was a key part of an offense that got to the AFC CG. You better have a better option lined up if you move on from that, it's just GM suicide if you don't.

Guys like Allen are safe because they're still on rookie deals. If he can't crack 60% passing in year 3 then he is in a lot of trouble - the Bills may find themselves in a situation where a vet like RT would let them reach the next level a poor passer can't let the team reach.

He was a key part of the playoff offense?

He had under 90 yards in 2 of the 3 games and under 55% passing in 2 of the 3 games.

He was Rex Grossman.

8 minutes ago, Logical said:

He had under 90 yards in 2 of the 3 games and under 55% passing in 2 of the 3 games.

He was Rex Grossman.

You do realize that was the game plan, right?

We were going to pound Henry through the playoffs. It worked for the first two games, and failed on the last. Tannehills stats are a pure reflection on how the coaches wanted to use him.

Being a game manager was the plan for him. We were riding on Henry's success as he was on a roll. We failed to stray from that plan vs the Chiefs until it was too late, which ultimately ended our season.

4 hours ago, Logical said:

He was Rex Grossman.

I'm talking from the day he started and the offense turned things around. There wasn't much room for failure since then and he was a key part of that. Deal with it and get over it.

12 hours ago, Logical said:

You don't think he's special but you're OK with giving him $30 Million per year?

I’ve already said I don’t care about the number. It’s only $10 mil more than we were paying Mariota.