Are the Titans the 2nd best team in the AFC?

OILERMAN

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you can make a case that if you're ranking the AFC teams right now you could argue after the Ravens the Titans are the best team.    Good solid defense, even today they held the Colt

I’m not going there yet.

2 minutes ago, Logical said:

The losses may even be worse than the wins.

Lost to the Broncos!? (Bills destroyed them)

Lost to the Jags!?

Lost to the Falcons!?

Isn't your point that Tannehill is a problem?  Yet 4 of the 5 losses came with Tannehill on the bench...

And it was the Panthers, not Falcons.

I guess if you want to play the game with the Broncos, the Titans beat the Browns who beat the Bills.

Both teams are pretty much even although I think the Titans are better and if not for 4 missed FGs by a guy on the street they may have the same record.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

Isn't your point that Tannehill is a problem?  Yet 4 of the 5 losses came with Tannehill on the bench...

And it was the Panthers, not Falcons.

I guess if you want to play the game with the Broncos, the Titans beat the Browns who beat the Bills.

Both teams are pretty much even although I think the Titans are better and if not for 4 missed FGs by a guy on the street they may have the same record.

I put him on ignore.  If he's going to come here on this board and argue something, he'd better have all the facts and he doesn't. 

Just now, Logical said:

No, that wasn’t my point at all.

I said all along that Tannehill is capable.

But he isn’t top 10.

He goes on these streaks nearly every way. 

I don't think he's in the top 10.  Certainly if he keeps playing like this he could be.  But I'm more skeptical than a lot of others in that 6 games is not a long time.  I wasn't a huge fan of his with Miami.

And I would re-sign him because he's going to likely be the best options out there.  And see what happens.

3 minutes ago, Logical said:

Well you gotta re-sign him.

There’s no other options out there.

Right.  Obviously you hope for the best and hope he continues this.  But he's playing better than I remember with Miami.  Granted I don't watch Miami every week but I remember being unimpressed.  I remember those Buffalo games you referenced.  Weren't there two games in Buffalo where they either didn't score or barely scored when Miami needed to win to stay in playoff contention?  In fact I think they were even in the same week, week 16.

Edited by scine09

Just now, Logical said:

I think there were more than two, to be honest.

But yeah you’re right.

Well there was a game in 2016 that the Dolphins beat Buffalo in almost the same situation but Matt Moore played.  It definitely wasn't 2012 as that was his rookie year.  So it would have been somewhere between 2013 and 2015.