Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

Lane Johnson contract just reset the RT market

I hope Conklin gets a monster contract....elsewhere.  That would only increase his comp pick value.

JRob needs to offer Kelly a nice raise and try and sign him before he hits free agency.  He's valuable depth.

Edited by ctm

Eagles are apparently loving their mediocrity.  Offense is below average in YPG and PPG.  Pay that guard, RT, and QB!

Edited by abc2330

31 minutes ago, ctm said:

I hope Conklin gets a monster contract....elsewhere.  That would only increase his comp pick value.

JRob needs to offer Kelly a nice raise and try and sign him before he hits free agency.  He's valuable depth.

He’s good depth but not a good starter over time. 

35 minutes ago, ctm said:

I hope Conklin gets a monster contract....

elsewhere.  That would only increase his comp pick value.

16 minutes ago, tgo said:

He’s good depth but not a good starter over time. 

He’s solid enough to man the right side with some help. If he’s willing to come back on a middling contract I think that’s the best route, especially if Conklin is looking for money anywhere close to the above. 

I think you let Conklin test free agency and set his market. Offer him a solid contract and go from there. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

30 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He’s solid enough to man the right side with some help. If he’s willing to come back on a middling contract I think that’s the best route, especially if Conklin is looking for money anywhere close to the above.

He can't pass block.  And this is Kelly's last chance to get a decent contract, he's not going to give us a discount.  Not sure what the fasicnation with Kelly is, you have people thinking he can play G. 

37 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I think you let Conklin test free agency and set his market. Offer him a solid contract and go from there. 

He’s really not good enough as a starter. Will have to draft a tackle high if Conklin leaves. 

As far as Conklin testing the market - our best bet if it comes to that is to franchise tag him at 16M APY and use that as leverage to get a long term deal at 14M APY or so with high guarantees. 

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

He can't pass block.  And this is Kelly's last chance to get a decent contract, he's not going to give us a discount.  Not sure what the fasicnation with Kelly is, you have people thinking he can play G. 

The league is full of terrible offensive linemen. Kelly isn’t one of them. He’s a guy who is good in the running game and mediocre in pass protection. We can do a lot worse than that, especially if it allows us to draft a rookie to take over and push him back to the swing position. 

Paying Conklin anything like the Johnson contract is outlandish. That’s what I said. If Conklin is looking for that kind of money then he’s gone, and in that instance you immediately re-sign Kelly so you aren’t pigeonholed into drafting an RT first round. This isn’t complicated. 

1 hour ago, tgo said:

He’s really not good enough as a starter. Will have to draft a tackle high if Conklin leaves. 

As far as Conklin testing the market - our best bet if it comes to that is to franchise tag him at 16M APY and use that as leverage to get a long term deal at 14M APY or so with high guarantees. 

See my post above.