Tannehill Agent Article by John Glennon

tgo

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One thing that is becoming more clear to me, as @OILERMAN has mentioned in one of his threads, is that Tannehill can't be looked at as a bridge QB.    If we're going to retain him, you retai

Exactly, we found our QB, forget about looking

Great Article if you have an Athletic subscription. If you don't, you should get one.    https://theathletic.com/1413785/2019/11/27/is-ryan-tannehill-playing-his-way-into-a-new-deal-with-the

Posted Images

Even if Robinson decides to lock him up long-term, I still draft a Quarterback.  I still cringe everytime he takes a big sack, hopefully the injuries are behind him. However, if his play continues the same way the next five games, than he deserves it long-term.  I still want a young guy behind him ready to go if something would happen to him.

1 minute ago, Tomachek said:

Even if Robinson decides to lock him up long-term, I still draft a Quarterback.  I still cringe everytime he takes a big sack, hopefully the injuries are behind him. However, if his play continues the same way the next five games, than he deserves it long-term.  I still want a young guy behind him ready to go if something would happen to him.

We need to be drafting a mid round QB every year until we find a successor/quality backup. You're right that Tannehill at least needs to have a good backup with his injury history. 

But you don't waste an early draft pick on a QB imo when we're in win-now mode with a veteran QB. 

RT should be the QB for the next 3-4 seasons.  At that point he’ll be 34/35 and we can revisit the situation then.  But that in no way means you just avoid drafting a QB.  If Love is there at the bottom of the 2nd, I still take him.  He’s super raw and not ready to play right now, but has big time potential. Who knows what he could develop into with 3 years of studying and coaching. 

9 minutes ago, oldschool said:

He played himself out of being a bridge QB early on. The question is now whether he's the QBOF. I'll keep saying. As well as RT has played do you want to pay him top 10 money which is what it will take based on 6-10 games. The more prudent thing would be to apply the franchise tag, see if he duplicates his production next year, and then commit long term.

Either way, you franchised tag him.  We gave up a 4th for him.  Either work out a long term deal, or at least recoup some draft capital if he won't sign.