Recommended Posts

Obviously they're all important from here on out, but the Titans have an opportunity to significantly improve their playoff chances with a win this week over Indy. FiveThirtyEight currently gives us a 29% chance at making the playoffs. That number jumps to 49% with a victory. A win helps us in terms of the division, obviously, but also helps in the wild card race as it would add another loss to a team competing for that spot. 

 

The Colts placed Ebron on IR today, but it doesn't seem to matter how many guys they have out when they play us. The Colts stood in the way from our playoff hopes last year. Can we take care of business when we need to this year?

 

AFC Playoff Picture

 

Division Leaders

1. New England (10-1) 

2. Baltimore (8-2) 

3. Houston (7-4) 

4. Kansas City (7-4) 

       

Wild-Card Race

5. Buffalo (8-3) 

6. Pittsburgh (6-5) 

 

In the Hunt

7. Oakland (6-5) 

8. Indianapolis (6-5) 

9. Tennessee (6-5) 

10. Cleveland (5-6) 

11. Jacksonville (4-7) 

12. Los Angeles Chargers (4-7) 

13. New York Jets (4-7) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Could be an issue at CB this week with Butler on IR and Sims unable to finish yesterdays game with an ankle injury.

 

If we can stop the run I think we beat the Colts.

 

Worried about this myself. 

 

I hope they start Tye Smith outside if Sims can't go. Do not want to see Kalu or Milton starting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Could be an issue at CB this week with Butler on IR and Sims unable to finish yesterdays game with an ankle injury.

 

If we can stop the run I think we beat the Colts.

They have to shut down TY as well. Brissett has been not great without TY. Im assuming TY was injured still and was playing hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Could be an issue at CB this week with Butler on IR and Sims unable to finish yesterdays game with an ankle injury.

 

If we can stop the run I think we beat the Colts.

 

From what I saw on Twitter, Vrabel didn't really say much at all about Sims either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tgo said:

 

Worried about this myself. 

 

I hope they start Tye Smith outside if Sims can't go. Do not want to see Kalu or Milton starting. 

Tye Smith as the 4th. 

 

Make Logan Ryan play out wide with Amani Hooker in the slot unless TY is in the slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tgo said:

 

Worried about this myself. 

 

I hope they start Tye Smith outside if Sims can't go. Do not want to see Kalu or Milton starting. 

 

I still find it a bit odd Butler went to IR so quickly. Haven't we seen CBs play after hand/wrist/arm surgery with casts before? I mentioned the Vols QB Guarantano playing the very same week he had the surgery.

 

Everyone is different though and it could have been a totally different kind of break for all I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheBukafax said:

Tye Smith as the 4th. 

 

Make Logan Ryan play out wide with Amani Hooker in the slot unless TY is in the slot.

 

Yeah, I could see this as well. 

 

As long as they have Adoree shadow TY Hilton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jonboy said:

 

I still find it a bit odd Butler went to IR so quickly. Haven't we seen CBs play after hand/wrist/arm surgery with casts before? I mentioned the Vols QB Guarantano playing the very same week he had the surgery.

 

Everyone is different though and it could have been a totally different kind of break for all I know.

 

Yeah, it was probably a clean/severe wrist break. I think it's at least a 4-6 week injury at minimum for that position because hand use is so important - esp for a player like Butler that relies on technique and physicality over speed to win matchups. 

 

But maybe they wanted to see Sims before FA as well. Logan Ryan says he's the best pure press-man corner on the team, and that may well be true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

 

I still find it a bit odd Butler went to IR so quickly. Haven't we seen CBs play after hand/wrist/arm surgery with casts before? I mentioned the Vols QB Guarantano playing the very same week he had the surgery.

 

Everyone is different though and it could have been a totally different kind of break for all I know.

 

Think that injury to Butler was more significant than a simple small fracture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

They have to shut down TY as well. Brissett has been not great without TY. Im assuming TY was injured still and was playing hurt.

TY torches us every time we play them. It doesn't seem to matter what we do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.